How to get to New Zealand

by - 5:16:00 PM

Last June 12 (Friday), a talk on how to get to New Zealand was held at the Pascasio hall in Philam Village, Las Pinas City. The talk started at around 9 o'clock in the morning. My dad and his friends (from New Zealand) were the main organizers and speakers. My siblings and I were there to help around but we also listened because we were interested too. 


For reasons, I think life is better in New Zealand. There is no corruption, the place is clean.... there are a lot of things to do, sights to see and food to try. I also heard that people there are really nice - everybody knows each other and there is a community of Pinoys there too (I mean, wow!). No wonder my dad is crazy about moving to New Zealand. With all this, I think someone (namely ME) is going to have to rethink her 10-year life plan. 

If you missed the seminar last Friday, here are some snippets of what happened:




Would you believe that we made all the decors last minute? Haha! Credits to my siblings for being so creative as well. 

My dad and Tito Jay (speaker) are preparing the equipment for the talk. 


My sister Kat, who recently joined the baking business was selling her soon-to-be-oh-so-famous red velvet cupcakes and food for the gods. You can check her page here: @_justbaked.



Say hello to Pam and Waffle (shit tzu), the welcoming committee! We were also in charge of the attendance.


The seminar started off with Tito Jay who talked about life in New Zealand. Tito Jay was my dad's high school classmate in Ateneo. He moved to New Zealand 8 years ago yet he talked about New Zealand like a real-born Kiwi! Safe to say, I have fallen in love with New Zealand more.



Here are some of my favorite and important points from his talk:
  • KIA ORA is a greeting in NZ which means "be well/ be healthy". It is their informal way of saying "hi" or "welcome". In accompaniment with saying "KIA ORA" you have to let your noses touch each other then you both have exhale afterwards. How friendly right? 
  • New Zealand is very clean and 100 % natural. Try googling "New Zealand" and notice how pretty the place is. That's how Tito Jay described the place. It is very clean. You don't have to photo shop pictures because the whole place itself is very picturesque. Oh and don't forget The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings - the movie was shot in NZ. 
  • You can go sky diving, hiking, snow boarding, bungee jumping (highest in the world) and other extreme activities. You can call New Zealand the home of FUN! 
  • There is no racism, people of all color are welcome in New Zealand. :) 
  • I also learned that there is a Filipino Community in NZ. So if you're new or alone, you won't ever feel lonely. They have gatherings and outings from time to time. They even play golf on weekends as what Tito Jay described.
  • When it comes to statistics, NZ places third in the global peace index. I was in awe when I learned that public places like the malls don't have guards, and when they do have guards, their guards don't even have guns.
Tito Jay ended his talk by testing the audience with a short question and answer portion about the things he discussed. He gave away chocolates fresh from New Zealand (YUM!) to all those who could answer correctly.


Soon it was Tito Rowel's turn to discuss more about New Zealand. Tito Rowel is also from New Zealand. Tito Rowel is a licensed immigration adviser while Tito Jay is licensed travel agent. They really help those who are interested in migrating, working and studying in NZ. Helpful tip: in order to know if someone is really a licensed travel agent, they should have IDs. Do not be misguided my dear friends. 

This time, his talk covered the educational and working part in NZ. He started off by also explaining what Kia Ora is. For those who really plan to go to New Zealand, take note! Kia Ora is important. He also talked more on statistics adding to those Tito Jay had already presented.

He even cited OECD 2013 Better Life Index where in New Zealand was marked as the top performing country in terms of the quality of its educational system. According to him, education in NZ costs cheaper than here in the Philippines. Moreover, NZ places third when it comes to quality of life, meaning the quality of life is good and one of the best in the world.



Tito Rowel talked more about qualifications and costs in moving, working and even studying. He also talked about the demand of each industry for work. It all sounds like a pretty good deal to me. After I graduate, I really want to work there too, please! :(

If you plan to move to NZ, there are also requirements and a points system on how one will be accepted but you don't have to worry -you can talk to both of them for that. According to Tito Jay and Tito Rowel, even consultation and meetings have a fee. So the audience were really encouraged to ask all the questions that came to their mind habang libre pa magtanong (while it was literally free to ask questions).


The talk ended with snacks and more personal consultation between Tito Jay, Tito Rowel and the individuals as well as the families. They also gave out this magazine about their education and career partners for those really serious about going to New Zealand.

It was really nice to see many people interested in going to New Zealand to migrate, work or even study. It was a holiday (June12) but we're glad people still gave their time and came to learn about these possibilities and opportunities. You know what they say- "when opportunity knocks, open the door."

Here's a picture of Tito Rowel, Egay (my dad) and Tito Jay. For those who missed the seminar last Friday, I have good news for you! We're having another small talk on Tuesday, June 16 at 6:30pm (after working hours). If you're interested, you can email me at melissaungco@gmail.com or message me at my Facebook page so I can give you the other details. Remember my dear friends, open that door! :)


You May Also Like

6 NOTES

  1. This is interesting! I really would love to migrate to NZ as it is one of the nicest and most peaceful countries out there. Hope I could make it come true soon! :D

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jhanz! I am a follower of your blog btw haha :) It really is, I can't wait to graduate and move to NZ. If you're really interested, please message me! Let's go to NZ! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Melissa

    I just read your post and i find it really interesting because I really wanted to go to new zealand but unfortunately I did not graduate 4years in college so I went ahead and became a call center agent instead.When would be the next seminar,so that I can join?Is it free?I'm from Las Piñas,where would it be held?


    Cheers,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Donna! I replied to your email. Cheers! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Melissa

    I just read your post and i find it really interesting because I really wanted to go to new zealand but unfortunately I did not graduate 4years in college so I went ahead and became a call center agent instead.When would be the next seminar,so that I can join?Is it free?I'm from Las Piñas,where would it be held?


    Cheers,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Donna! I replied to your email. Cheers! :)

      Delete