Where To Find Cheap Eye Glasses

by - 3:38:00 PM



Finally writing about where I bought my prescription glasses. It was actually my boyfriend who told me about the place and I just want to share it with you all. :-) 

So..... I wear (need) prescription glasses. Most of the time, I wear my contacts but when I'm at home or feeling lazy, I put on glasses. After all, I can't see, right? So I need them! In my family, I hold the record of the most number of glasses lost. I think the fastest record was one week. I KNOW, SORRY. HUHU but that was my childhood! 

Ever since then, I've been really meaning to take of my glasses. The down side of loosing more than 7 pairs of glasses was the money. Sobrang sayang talaga. Huhu, I cry. If I could take time back, I would have taken care of them. Going back, I'm so happy Jan suggested that I get my glasses from Divisoria and let me tell you, it is worth the hassle!



BRING YOUR OWN FRAME
First things first, don't forget to bring your own frame! We're going to go straight to have our lens refracted. For my case, I was still able to drop by 168 mall and bought a cheap frame. If you're really picky with frames, you can go to Greenhills - I heard that they "branded" and really nice and pretty frames. They're a little more expensive than those you can find in Divisoria. Budget for frame (for Divisoria) is around 500+ php.

HAVE LENS REFRACTED
Now that you have your frame, we can now have your lens refracted. For my glasses, I had it refracted in Looks Optical in Raon. For my case, I chose LOOKS Optical. Because it's newest and you can wait for your lens in one hour or sometimes less when they're not busy. While I was there, they even served my sister and I coffee and biscuits. For the glasses, they have different kinds of lens. The normals ones costs 350php. Multi-coated lens would cost around 1,000php (this is what I got!) and for those who have thick lens and want to have "thin" lens, it costs around 1,500php. Every thing will depend on what you want and need.

HOW TO GET THERE
From Divisoria, go outside near Quiapo. Take a PEDICAB (50php) and tell the driver you'll be going to Raon. He'll drop you off in Raon near karaoke machines. Yes, they sell karaoke machines there too (I WANT ONE HUHU). Keep going straight until you see opticals everywhere. There's a full street of opticals! You can choose what store you'd like to go to. If you get lost, just ask vendors around where the opticals are - since all the opticals are in one street, they easily can give you directions to the place.

After a long day, my sister and I finally went home and I got my prescription glasses for 1,300php. (My frame is 300 pesos). And yet, I've been paying more than 3,000php for the past glasses I have lost. After the trip, I realized that we're paying three times the "patong" for our glasses. I remember I went with my dad to *insert optical store in mall here* and his glasses was around 12k. And we were in shock. My dad did not push through with buying instead he told me I should teach him to go to Raon and we will!

OTHER OPTIONS
If you can't go to Raon, you could try going to Paterno St. at the back of the Quiapo church. They also have opticals there. I also heard you can buy "authentic branded" frames around. I will probably check that out on my next divi adventure. For now, I hope this helps! :) 

You May Also Like

6 NOTES

  1. Hello! This is not related to the blog post but I want to ask how did you change your "read more here" button? Thank u :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello to you too! It's hard to explain so I was thinking of making a tutorial for this on my blog. But if you cant wait, you can email me. :)

      Delete
  2. It's really a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm satisfied
    that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my website; pure natural forskolin where to buy
    (timespeople.nytimes.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your glasses are my favorite one. Love to wear these glasses. These glasses make us more confident and cool.

    Prescription Glasses

    ReplyDelete