I don't need an AIESECer boyfriend, I just need you

by - 10:00:00 AM


One of my frustrations this year was being so invested in an organization while having a boyfriend who wasn't (yep, Jan is a non-AIESECer!) People actually keep asking me bakit hindi siya sumali but through out the year I realize that he didnt have to - 

When elected as LC VP (Local Committee Vice President) for BD (Business Development) last year, I did not have to ask for his support. He already knew it was going to be a busy year - it really was, sorry huhu - but Jan, you were nothing but patient with me. I often cancelled our dates for meetings and when I didn't, I usually still am working but you never stopped surprising me, dating me even if it means just us taking out our usual chinese food and watching some internet-downloaded movie. And even if I almost always sleep on our dates (#Lola), you were okay with it 😴

Every time I got tired of work, you'd knew even without asking. You'd send me funny memes, buy me flowers (every once in a while cause you know I'm not really a big fan) and most importantly GIVE ME FOOD 🐷 It was always you who would cheer me up. Every time I was frustrated, even if you didn't know the full story- you didn't have to. You'd never fail to tell me I'll do well because in your eyes, I always did :(

I thought I needed an AIESECer boyfriend to make sure he knew what I was going through when I went on exchange. Despite the time difference, you made everything easy. You knew what time I was in the school - volunteering and what time I was out. You knew the value of why I loved the exchange and what it meant to me. And okay fine, when I got lost around Athens, ikaw na nga ang nagggoogle maps para sa akin (HAHA natuto ako eventually). It was also you who listened to ALL my stories (and people know grabe ako mahangover paren sa exchange) ✨

I thought I needed an AIESECer boyfriend so that he would write me sugarcubes but you'd often write and leave notes on my notebook. You would even leave notes with food outside my classroom kasi alam mo deretso class ko and alam na alam mong di ako kakain pag full schedule ko.

I thought I'd needed an AIESECer boyfriend to dance the roll calls (it's these weird dances AIESECers do hehe) with me, but you always busted your moves 🙄 (not sure if I approve of this though hmmm HAHA) and danced with me at random times and random places 💃🏻

And I thought I needed an AIESECer boyfriend so that every time I was at a conference, he'd know why I cannot be reached for a weekend (kasi walang signal + too busy to talk) but you surprised me at home. You waited for me at my house in Las Pinas just to see me (sobrang naiyak ako dito kasi I just got home from the conference and I was just telling the other AIESECers na nakakainggit naman magkaAIESEC boyfriend then you show up at my house biglaan???? 😭😭)

I know our relationship isn't the showy one cause we aren't the showy type?? LOL but thank you we both agreed that we weren't going to be one of those.... *yeah* but AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING FOR ME (FROM AIESEC), you deserve all the appreciation in this world 🌎 

Jan, thank you for allowing me to do something I love all while loving me for it! I'll be resting for a while from work (wink wink) but I do promise to make bawi to you.

BUT HEYYY FINAAAAALLLY happy last day of the term and first day of us (again LOL) and 45 months together!!!! 🐝💖

So yeah...... I realized that I didn't need an AIESECer boyfriend, I just need you.

You May Also Like

0 NOTES