January - February Life Updates

by - 9:31:00 PM


Every now and then, I like to look back at my planner and think about how the days have gone. While my favorite month just ended, I found myself thinking "what did I even do these past two months?!" So you can guess that I reread through my journal, scanned my phone for old pictures (cause pics or it didn't happen) and well, backread personal notes and tweets... I had to recall everything.


With that, I realized that the past two months have been nothing but busy. Acads wise? Check! With 4 majors and 2 electives, I don't know how I'm even holding up. I literally haven't had more than 8 hours of sleep since school began. Although don't worry, I hibernate on weekends so it's all good. Plus, add the fact that I'm doing what I love (which I probably should write about too - I'm thinking #DevComDiaries, what do you think?).

On the other hand, there is good news! I was also busy with other things, which explains why I'm tired all the time. Haha! Kidding aside, these past two months were also filled with firsts and new adventures. Here's a short run-down of some past events:


Jan's older sister, Ate Pau celebrated her birthday by spending the day with the Lolas of Bahay ni Maria. Seeing all these lolas (and knowing how they were abandoned) made my heart melt but I'm glad there are people like Ate Pau, who still think about them. Someday, I'll do the same. 


I started practicing manual photography again this year (and maybe a little bit last year). And while the Sto. Nino Festival in San Beda was the perfect time to practice those skills, I didn't realize going back to school made me catch feelings........ those I-miss-school kind of feelings. Needless to say I should go visit Beda more. 


The year I finally turn 21! (Not that I'm looking forward to it or anything cause more responsibilities and expectations huhu). The story is - I was editing my story pitch video for the next day that I fell asleep on the floor. I woke up to someone knocking on my door around midnight. I opened it and I found my friends with cupcakes, chips and sticky notes (on the door). Jan also really surprised me with his crazy antics and gifts. My family and I celebrated at home. I'm not the person who broadcasts my birthday, heck, I don't even post it on Facebook so I really appreciate those people who really remember and make an effort to greet me. (*Nanananananana thank you thank for the love*)


After my birthday, the girlies and I spontaneously decided to go party. KD went home from her practicum at Liliw and Che finally ditched her little blue table (she normally sits there when she studied). Although the party wasn't everything we hoped for, it was still fun because of my friends + the influence of alcohol. This was our first ever LEGIT party. Thanks to the party veterans, Jan and Matt for taking care of us. 


Feb Fair 2016: Despite my schedule, I was able to enjoy the fair. Last year, I didn't go out that much because I didn't have much friends to go with (cause you know......... some friendships just dont work out + I was being anti-social). To say I genuinely enjoyed Feb Fair 2016 is an understatement. Plus, Ebe Dancel, Gloc 9, The Jerks and other bands who were in LB were just too good. It was such a good stress-reliever too. (Photo by my good friend, Matt. He blogs too!)


It is Jan and I's third Valentines together. Instead of the usual fancy dinners like the past years, we opted to go to this Dog Cafe in B.F. Paranaque. We really really really love dogs so the Dog Cafe was a haven for us both. We just had pizza and drinks after. You may think, the longer you are together, the more grand it should get but sometimes, it's the simplest dates which mean the most. I guess it's always our endless conversations and same sense of humour that can make any date, one for the books. Thank you bee for taking me here and to places. 


And lastly, within these two months, I got to go around Los Banos! So far, I've been to 7/14 barangays. This was mainly because of DevCom fieldwork and data gathering (search for newsworthy events). It gets tiring but I would have never gone to these places if I didn't shift to my dream course. I hope to see more of Los Banos and Laguna before I graduate. 

These past two months were unforgettable. I feel like I've been off to a good start. For this March, I'm planning on hikes and exploring Laguna more - who knows where life will take me. I also plan to start a new business (the one I get to sew for - goodluck to me in finding the time. Haha!) and I want to give back and treat my parents (the ultimate goal). For now, I'm happy. How about you, how did your first two months ago? I want to hear all about it. Let me know in the comments below! :)

You May Also Like

21 NOTES

  1. I love dogs too.I love your pic at the dog cafe.Where is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! This is Pups N Cups in BF Homes, Paranaque. :)

      Delete
  2. You've gone far in the past two months. I've only been in Paquil, Laguna and would love to discover other parts of this province. I wish you pursue the DevCom diaries. I will be looking forward for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Same! I hope to discover Laguna more. :) And thank you! Will definitely pursue DevCom diaries.

      Delete
  3. The dogs caught my attention.. This must be a place worth trying... Is the cafe filled with dogs really? I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They have more than 10 puppies (I think). I think this cafe differs from Barkin Blends because they mostly have small / toy dogs. Their only big dog is a golden retriever, who still is young. :) You can search Pups N Cups in BF Homes.

      Delete
  4. DOG CAFE!!!! Is it worth the visit? Hehe how many dogs would you say there were? I love to hear more about it! Also belated happy birthday! 21 will be one of the best years of your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! There were probably around more than 10 pups. They were all so playful and the entrance fee is affordable. For 160 pesos, you can enter the puppies area + get a free drink. And thank you! Looking forward to that! :)

      Delete
  5. I've heard of Cat Cafe here in Cebu (?), and now it's Dog Cafe there! Ahhh!! I'd choose the latter though, because dogs *.* I simply fell in love with your 3rd photograph. It looks so nostalgic. :)

    Mimi | Chasing Bleu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm afraid of cats so yes, dogs! Hahaha. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. OOOHHHH!!! happy birthday to you sis! You're off to a great start with regards to traveling our country, I really hope you can go through with the hiking and traveling laguna more. Looking forward to more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm I guess time flies when you're really having fun. And yes! I'm from LB. I hope you get to visit UPD's fair. There's always next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend would love that Dog cafe :) We should definitely visit that place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy indeed and you have a journal to remind you of things. In my case I only have Facebook to remind me of things hahaha...

    My first two months have been tumultuous, something happened that completely changed my entire vision for 2016. I am just going with the flow and hoping for the best. But everything is still unsure up to this moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't worry, I use Facebook to back track to! It's been very helpful as well :)) And that's interesting. I wish you the best for this year too <3

      Delete
  10. Belated happy birthday!!! I'm not a dog lover but would love to check that place too :) hmmm I had busy life these past 2 months. Been traveling local and international places. I would love to take a rest this month. Looking forward for more happy adventure in life. Take care - Travelosyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo! :) Go check the Dog Cafe, it's really cute and affordable. Might blog about it in a separate post but in case you're interested, you can go check "PUPS N CUPS" In BF homes :) Goodluck with traveling this month!

      Delete
  11. Dog Cafe and your interest in photography caught my attention. Might bring wifey and kids to this Cafe, but they might insist of bringing our dogs, haha!

    I also like photography, but I only use a smartphone w/ manual settings. Maybe I should try a DSLR soon but I hate carrying so many gadgets. ASKSonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Haha. I'm not sure if personal dogs are allowed but you can ask. The puppies are also very cute and lovable and I'm sure your family will be very entertained. :)

      Same! I like photography but using the smartphone tempts me not to bring the DLSR anymore. Haha!

      Delete