Hulugan Falls (Visual Diary)

by - 1:56:00 AM


Ever since its feature in Biyahe Ni Drew and other popular blogs, Hulugan Falls has easily made it way to the top of my "Laguna bucket list" (yes, I have a mini bucket list within my bucketlist #bucketlistception) and despite the busy sched, Jan and I finally found ourselves in Luisina, chasing these falls. Ahhhhhh, it was too beautiful (to say the least). In case you want to witness this beauty:

Here's a step-by-step guide on
HOW TO GET TO HULUGAN FALLS
(or at least commute there)

  1. 80 PESOS / HEAD = Ride the bus from Alabang South Station to Pagsawitan, Sta. Cruz
  2. Go down at the bus terminal. Cross the street to the jeep terminal. 
  3. 35 PESOS / HEAD = Ride the "Luisiana" jeep and go down at Hulugan falls entrance. 
  4. (You can ask the jeep to advise you when to go down)
  5. You're at entrance post so go get a tour guide. You're actually required one.
  6. 10 PESOS / HEAD = Ride the trike to the registration area. You'll be asked to sign your name and contact details.
  7. 15 PESOS / HEAD = Congratulations! You're officially a tourist at Hulugan Falls!
  8. START WALKING
  9. Walk more
  10. and some more.
  11. Until you're almost there.
  12. Be careful with the rocks. 
  13. Taking pictures while hiking is risky and not for the slippery of feet. 
  14. But you still can! So go and take pictures at your own risk.
  15. Interview your tour guide. They're really nice. :)
  16. Walk some more.
  17. After more than an hour or so, you finally made it! 
  18. APPRECIATE the beauty that is Hulugan Falls.
  19. Go enjoy and take a dip in the water. (Warning: It's super cold)
  20. Take more pictures.
  21. Be careful because the rocks are really slippery (this is coming from the girl who slipped 4 times in just one area) 
  22. Have a picnic around the area. You can "drink" too. 
  23. Enjoy the breeze. 
  24. After enjoying, when you're tired from the scene and the people and you think you've had enough, you can now go back.
  25. Be sure cause there is no turning back once you start climbing again. 
  26. (TO GO BACK FROM HULUGAN)
  27. Repeat steps 8 - 18. 
  28. And once you've reach the top again, congrats. Breathe. I'm not kidding. The struggle is real. 
  29. Ask the tour guide to take you to the local bathroom. You can shower for 15 PESOS.
  30. Eat PANCIT HABHAB, SPECIAL BIBINGKA and BUKO JUICE for merienda. (Habhab = 10 pesos; Bibingka = 25 pesos; Buko juice = 10 pesos)
  31. Pay your tour guide. Tour guides do not have a standard or minimum fee so it would be up to you. I read in other blogs that you can give 300 pesos and food. But since our tour guide was really nice and helpful (some tour guides lack initiative. We were lucky. Haha!), we gave 400 pesos and food.
  32. 50 PESOS / TRIP = Take a trike back to the entrance post. 
  33. Go home! So you're on your own :)
Our whole "HULUGAN FALLS" trip = 850 PESOS / two people. (Minus our other expenses on food and extra pamasahe going elsewhere). With that, I leave you with these pictures:

















P.S. Since I couldn't risk getting my Canon wet, all photos were taken with my action camera so sorry about the quality. 

OTHER IMPORTANT TIPS
  • Be prepared to hike. Condition your body and expect it to ache after (unless you're athletic not like me)
  • Do not wear white shoes to go hiking. Just no. Wear rubber shoes and shoes that are not slippery. 
  • Bring snacks you could eat at/ near the falls..... yes you can.
  • If you want to avoid the crowd, go extra early (4AM as advised by our tour guide) and on a weekday. 
Going to Hulugan Falls was such a great stress reliever. Even if it was a little tiring due to the hike, I still had fun. (Don't I always have fun?!) If you have any suggestions on where Jan and I should go next, hit me up in the comments below! :)

You May Also Like

39 NOTES

  1. Very nice. Thanks to bloggers I am seeing more and more of how beautiful our country is. There is so many places to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir Robert! I hope you yourself get to see these places too. Hehe. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the step by step! The place looks very nice and affordable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lots of Falls here in Leyte (that takes 2 to three hours hike too) but Hulugan looks so majestic. Kapag napunta ako sa Laguna, I'll definitely visit Hulugan. Time to chase falls again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm interesting. I'd love to check out Leyte since my sister has been there too. :) Yes do! Hulugan is really known for its big and high falls :)

      Delete
  4. hehe. i enjoyed reading this. hmm. one question, is there a trail to follow going there? or it's really required to get a tour guide?

    -aikaloraine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aika! Thank you. There is a trail you can follow but you're really required to have a tour guide. It's for safety measures na din. The trail is tricky eh. :)

      Delete
  5. what an adventure you had and you made me more excited for my upcoming summer trip... our destination is not clear yet but we are aiming to visit either the Daranak Falls in Tanay or the Pagsanjan Falls in Laguna but you just gave us another option! I will put Hulugan on my list!
    Thanks for sharing and that itinerary as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I love your list. Hehe. Hulugan is really popular in Laguna but so is Pagsanjan. I heard it's also as beautiful. I hope you do check it out and let me know :)

      Delete
  6. Perfect for barkada trip! Look at the majestic Hulugan Falls! I'm sooooo inlove! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, we had the same reaction haha <3 Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Indeed beautiful! Perfect for the summer season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad when my office mates went there I wasn't able to tag along. I've heard it's really an awesome place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Haha. There's always a next time. The place really is beautiful :)

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful! I will include this in my bucket list! Definitely a must-see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precise instructions! You captured beautiful photos. will visit Hulugan, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were here last Mar 5 and we were amazed with the mightiness of Hulugan Falls. We even went to Aliw Falls. You should visit that as well! I've enjoyed the nature and falls there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Aliw also in Luisiana? I heard there were three falls but we we're not so sure if we could go on the whole day hiking. We directly went to Hulugan instead. Haha. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. It really was. Haha! I'm glad you got my point but yes! It was so worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it advisable to bring kids? You might also want to check the falls in Famy, Laguna. Burwisan, Lansones and Batya-Batya.- KarenT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can! But I think kids will get easily tired since the hike is really challenging. Hehe. :) Thanks for the suggestion, will do!

      Delete
  14. I love how you tell stories, add to that are the lively photos. It relaxes me, parang komiks, hindi nose bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool. Look at that high drop waterfall! It's so beautiful. What an adventure! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo high and so beautiful and definitely a must see!! Thank you <3

      Delete
  16. I thought there are only two falls in Laguna, I've been to Majayjay and my next target is Pagsanjan. I will add this to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! :) I haven't been to Majayjay or Pagsanjan but I would love too. Thanks as well!

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing a very detailed adventure! I can use this in the future.. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love falls. Will surely adding this place in my bucketlist. Hulugan falls here we come. hahhaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, wow! I am in awe! This place is marvelous! I wish we could go here someday, when my hubby comes home. Now, going places is really challenging with just me and my son. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping to go here! Btw, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete