Farmstay and the Secret of Snails

by - 9:18:00 AM


It was last week when this lovely packaged arrived. To be honest, it was the most exciting thing I got that weekend. I felt like I received flowers from someone who is not my parents or boyfriend. Haha! This beautiful package is the works of McDell Healthcare Products, Inc.

In case you haven't heard about them, McDell Healthcare Products, Inc is a Filipino-owned company engaged in the manufacturing, importing, marketing and distribution of beauty, health and wellness products. They are the sole legal distributor of Farmstay beauty products from Korea. And their main mission? They want to offer unique, innovative and organic products to the Filipino consumer.

Farmstay, on the other hand, is a korean brand that promotes the use of snail slime based products. I know, it's something I also never thought of using but it is interesting! I learned that the use of snail slime started in 1980, when snail farmers in Chile who were exporting snails to European restaurants noticed that their hands became extremely soft. Their Injuries and cuts were also healed quickly without any infections.


According to their website, snail slime contains a perfect balance of proteins, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants which:

  • Stimulate the production of elastin and collagen.  Elastin is the “rubber band” of skin – it makes the skin “snap back” to its original shape after being stretched or contracted. Collagen, on the other hand, is a protein that supports skin, keeping it strong and firm. It also protects the skin from harmful elements in the environment that lead to premature skin aging. 
  • It is ideal for:
    • Preventing and repairing wrinkles, making the skin firm, flexible and plump
    • Visibly tightening pores
    • Dramatically hydrating skin for a softer and smoother texture
    • Healing inflamed, irritated or damaged skin (due to burns or acne)
And after a week of faithfully using SNAIL PURE CLEANSING FOAM and GRAPE STEM CELL EMULSION, here are my thoughts:

SNAIL PURE CLEANSING FOAM


How to apply: Wet the face. Apply an adequate amount onto fingers and rub hands to make it foam. Gently massage foam in circular motion onto skin. Rinse with water.

Price: ₱300.00
Net Weight: 180 ml
The verdict: Although I don't have "before and after" photos (which I should have, I regret everything huhu) I noticed how my pores got tighter especially after the first use. And even on those really hot days (which is everyday), I hardly got sweaty. I also had no allergic reactions so I guess it's safe to say it's for all skin types. I love the smell, it's just like lotion. Other than that, I felt fresh the whole day. 

Will I buy it again? 100% YES! It's safe to say I am in love with their cleanser. I haven't stopped using it since day 1 and I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to clean their face. It removes oil, perspiration, dirt and make-up. It has snail slime to repair skin. And lastly, it is affordable. For 180ml, it should last 2-3 months, which is a good deal for beauty junkees on a budget.

GRAPE STEM CELL EMULSION


How to apply: Apply to clean face at night. Best used after washing with cleanser and applying toner.

Price: ₱690.00
At first, I had no idea what this stem cell emulsion was for. All I know was that it was a lightweight anti-aging moisturizer. I'm young and I may not see results right away but I'm glad I'm already taking care of my stem cells - which apparently is not only for the old. I did a little research you could also read here.

The verdict: I am excited to see the long-term results of this grape stem cell emulsion - will probably do a review after years. For now, I can tell you that I liked it. I had no allergic reactions and it smelled really good - the scent will last even in the morning. I also love how it was packaged. To apply the emulsion, you have to push its mouth, which is actually convenient. Other than that, it contains grape, pea and gold kiwi extracts for anti-aging benefits.

Will I buy it again? As a student, it is a bit pricy for me. Although I can say it is worth the price - I mean, anti-aging moisturizer for P690?? -  I'm sure I'm going to use this in the future more than today. Right now, I have yet to see its long term effects so let's keep that pending. ;)


No wonder Koreans have really nice skin. These products are good and definitely worth trying. It amazes me - I mean who knew snail slimes were good for the face? (HAHA) and with the immense heat that summer brings, it's hard to keep our faces from oil, dirt and well, sweat. Thankfully, McDell Healthcare Products, Inc got us covered. ;)

For more information, you can contact them here: 
(632)3666624
customer.service@mcdellbeauty.com

You could also visit them at
McDell Healthcare Products Inc.
G/F Prince Gregory Condominium
No. 105 12th Avenue (near P. Tuazon St.)
Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City,
Metro Manila Philippines

---

How about you? Your thoughts on this? 

You May Also Like

22 NOTES

  1. Hi. It would be nice to do product reviews where you keep using the products for a period of at least a month, because that is around the time you would know how it works for you. Of course different people have different physiology so what works for one does not mean it works for others.

    Another thing is putting up photos of the label where all the ingredients can be seen. :)

    AMAZING LIFE DAILY - Life Lessons | Health & Nutrition | Business & Career

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for these tips!! Will keep them in mind the next time around :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, I think every woman's ultimate desire is to have a smooth and fairer skin. And of course, hide those pores! I've heard about what products containing snail slime does good on skin and lucky you to have this product! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :D After more than months of using it, it really does wonders to the skin!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get good results in time.I don't know if I"d ever try a product with snail slime but I think as long as it gets results, it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after a few months I'm happy to say it does wonders to the skin! This, far by, is the best product I've ever used :)

      Delete
  4. Snail slime is a bit weird to use but it already became popular nowadays. I haven't tried it yet but I'm already considering. BTW, the presentation of the package is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fan of snail products, the only that's stopping me from buying them all the time is the price, they tend to be expensive. But Farmstay's products seem reasonable to me. Not over 1,000 pesos, which to me is cheap. I would love to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Koreans have extensive skin regimen, no wonder their skin glows. However, I think you need to incorporate these products (cleanser and emulsion) to rest of their skincare regimen (essence, moisturize etc.) to really get the most out of it. That shouldn't be problem though seeing how economical the prices are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Never thought snail slime has a use. And did you just said organic? I'm really a fan or organic products! I just might try this one. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, snail....slime? Always been the lazy girl when it comes to "beauty regimen" but I've been watching lotsa Korean stuff lately and I envy their skin. High time for me to stop being lazy I guess. Ha! Are these available in Cebu, or?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always afraid to try new products, because my skin is sensitive. And I am afraid if something is too strong smelling it will trigger a migraine. So glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to try it. I am currently in Seoul, SK so might as well check those similar items. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah, I never would have tried that if I haven't read this review. I mean, it's snail slime, haha. I'm glad it's effective though it's tad pricey like you mentioned, it's still cheaper than the current anti-aging products that we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't try this product because I have a sensitive skin. But the pure cleansing foam it sounds interesting for me,.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flowers!!!! But the ingredients using snail slime is also very new.... I'll take your word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snail slime eh? Interesting! Well, if I would have skin as nice as yours because of this, I would definitely try it!

    airinaapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Koreans really have great skin. And their products work. But I haven't tried farmstay. Hope you'll have a follow up review if the products still works after prolong use. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so envious. I wish I could get a package like this. It looks really nice and base on what you said, effective which is very important. I have heard so much about snails and how they help prettify the skin so I'd love to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all-natural products. But it's the first time I've heard of the snail foaming wash. Wow.
    Thanks for sharing the review.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The packaging of the product is beautiful, and love hearing about your great review on the product. Although, I haven't tried the Farmstay or the Snails, I found it really interesting and would love to try it in the future.
    www.sweetcuisinera.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The snail is certainly the latest animal to make it into cosmetics and skincare products. Wonder how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete