Product Review: Her Beauty Guide SHILLS Whitening Lotion

by - 8:51:00 PM

Being a retired swimmer, tan lines were my number one enemy. You know, besides beating myself at my own records, the sun and all that. And I guess that's just one downside of swimming, you have no choice - you will end up having uneven skin color. In my past 4 years of swimming, along side with other swimming gigs every now and then, I didn't mind it.

I didn't mind it until it got bad. I noticed how my arms and legs were really darker compared to my body and face and that made me shy (HAHAHA ok to be fair, just a bit). But I really didn't like how it looked and no matter what I did, my skin just wouldn't go back to its original color.
Thankfully, Her Beauty Guide (HBG) has this whitening lotion. If you noticed my past reviews, I've reviewed a lot of products from HBG. They are really becoming one of my favorite brands and they literally have everything a girl (/guy) can look for related to skincare and beauty. So I was pretty stoked to try their whitening lotion.

So did it work? Here are my final thoughts on the product:

Her Beauty Guide's SHILLS Whitening Lotion is an "instant whitening" body lotion with SPF50+. It has moisturizing milk to help bring uniformity in skin color while covering dark patches. According to their website, this also contains brightening milk that will give you "instant ceramic flawless skin" with the UV protection. 

SIZE: 200ml (bottle)
WHERE TO BUY: Her Beauty Guide
SELLING PRICE: P799.00 (pesos)

INGREDIENTS: 
Pure water, Titanium Dioxide & Dimethicone & Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic / Capric triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cecearyl ethylhexanoate, Sodium hyaluronate, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100Stearate, Olive Oil, Polyacrylamide & C13014l soparaffin & Laureth-7, Rose damascena, Pancratium maritimum extract, Buddleja davidii extract, Fragnance, Potassium sorbate


INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Apply to clean skin and gently massage until absorbed. Use on a daily basis - best after morning bath.

CAUTION (as written on the box):
  • Avoid direct contact with eyes
Do not use on sensitive skin
Stop using and consult a doctor immediately if any abnormal reaction occurs
Before using, we recommend patch-testing a small amount of any cosmetic product on the inside of your wrist to ascertain its compatibility with your skin
Please store this product in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.

Here's a BEFORE AND AFTER PIC after using the lotion for exactly 7 days (a week):

FINAL THOUGHTS: 
  • I love the packaging. It's very colorful. Also, the bottle has a mouth designed for you (the user) to easily control and manage the amount of lotion you're putting.
  • It's very easy to use.
  • It has a manufacturing date and batch number under its box.
  • It smells funny. It reminded me of paint and nail polish - but I got used to it. It's not bad though.
  • It was a bit hard to massage on. The lotion was rather thick and I had to really scrub (?) my body because it will leave a white mark if I didn't.
  • There were no bad side effects.
  • After scrubbing, my skin would feel soft.
  • It is a 2-in-1 bottle. It is a whitening lotion with sunblock that protects you from the UV rays. It's sunblock is at SPF50+. 
  • It's also reasonable. For 799, you get a 200mL bottle that can last you for 1-2 months depending on use.
  • For my before and after pic, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't lighten up as much as I hoped for BUT I DID LIGHTEN - EVEN A LITTLE. It wasn't just as "instant" as the box says. My analysis for this is because it has only been one week. After this review, I still plan to use this continuously and I hope to see results. Maybe I could update this from time to time.


WILL I REPURCHASE AGAIN?
Considering my student budget, maybe not. I like the product, sure. If I had the luxury to, then I'd buy this but I believe that Her Beauty Guide has other better products for me like their make-up remover and black gel mask. :) Also, I think it's too early to tell. It's only been one week since I started using it. Maybe after a week or so will I only truly know.

RECOMMENDATION:
I've given it much thought and I decided to give Her Beauty Guide's SHILLS Whitening Lotion a 4/5. Sure, it works, but it again, wasn't as "instant" as I hoped for. I usually give their other products a 5/5 because I've seen faster results. But then again, maybe it's just me and maybe I need more time. 

But hey, don't let me stop you from buying this great product. I hope to continue using this and wait for the effect - maybe then I can write another review. You can buy this product online too. Just click here:

Don't forget to use the code "melissapromo" to get 5% off! :) 

How about you - would you like to try this product out? What whitening lotion have you used and how long did you use it before you saw results? I wanna know! Let me know in the comments below. :)

You May Also Like

42 NOTES

  1. wow, instant whitening...this must really be good for outdoor because it has an spf 50

    ReplyDelete
  2. smells funny? I don't buy lotions which doesn't suit my nose, haha. When it comes to lotion, I'd like it as lavishing and heavenly smelling as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I didn't like the smell at first but I think after N-times of using, I just got used to it. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't really use whitening lotions. I'm pretty content with my skin color but I hope you get the results you were hoping for after giving it some more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, i'm jealous. Haha! My skin color is really uneven but thank you Ms. Janice :)

      Delete
  4. The after photo really had improvement and you look whiter. I guess when you consistently use this, it would even be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did a little. Haha I hope so too. Thanks Sir Franc :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of their products but I think the whitening effect in this product is convincing. It wasn't as lightening as you expect but you will not get that with the other products in the market right? Have you been under the sun during that week? Maybe that affects the result of the product too. I might try this one and the black gel mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I haven't tried other brands yet so I'm not sure if this works faster than the usual but I'm glad to know it works. Also, you have a point. I've been under the sun because I've been commuting everyday. Haha. Thanks for that major realization.

      Delete
  6. Wow. I can see that this is really instant! I so love your before and after pic! Feels like the product has a pleasing scent as well, eh>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If you get used to it, yes. Thanks Pia. :)

      Delete
  7. Can this apply also to male? Just Kidding. I am convince of its effectivity, I hope there is no side effect and that there is an FDA Approval. Other than these, I believe this one will make big in the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Of course, sir. And yes, they are FDA approved but new to the Philippines so they're still making their way to the market. :)

      Delete
  8. The whitening lotion looks promising but for now I am into tanning myself. Being overly fair will not look good to me so I am into tanning my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're fair... I'm not fair, at all. So I need this. Haha! :)

      Delete
  9. Looks promising! The effect was not drastic but it really slightly whiten the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Drastic as I hoped for but it's actually okay. Haha. :)

      Delete
  10. Based on your before & after photo, it looks really effective. This would be ideal for those who have gone out for the beach but badly needs to get those tan color off. The price is pretty decent for that size too. However, I'm worried of how thick the lotion is. Does it make you feel sticky after applying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really thick. I had a hard time massaging the lotion off but I've learned after continuously applying that it only takes a little amount to cover the whole body. So ever since, I'd only put a little lotion and it doesn't make me feel sticky anymore. :)

      Delete
  11. The packaging is the bomb! I love how it makes the skin instantly whiter :)

    Live Blog Love by Hazel Asoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I love the packaging too. :) Thanks Ate Hazel!

      Delete
  12. Wow, amazing, this is really useful as it makes the skin instantly whiter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not adventurous when it comes to skin care prods. I try to stick with something that works well with my skin because I have really uber sensitive skin. Don't want to risk having allergies or any complications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, to be honest. But I trust Her Beauty Guide that's why I gave them a try. Turned out good. Hahaha we just have to be picky. :)

      Delete
  14. I agree on how you found the packaging but if you look further you will find an even better product but cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the first thing caught my eye is the chic and girly packaging, I luv it :) First time Ive heard of HBG brand. I have tried instant white lotions before but not fan of them actually. However I guess this one is a good product, I will check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Ms. Leilani. I love the packaging. Girly! The way we like it. :)) Anyways, I do hope you like it. :)

      Delete
  16. The box and bottle are enough for me to want to have it. So classy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have sensitive skin, I can't do scented or anything non-organic or natural. Not really into whitening products but my sister and mom are. Will let them know about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Really? Haha. Still, thanks Ms. Anne! :)

      Delete
  18. Breastfeeding moms can used this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Mary Jane. I'm not sure. Although I would recommend this because it was very safe to use, I will get back to you once I find out. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  19. I use Skinwhite but I would love to try another brand of whitening lotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mommy Peachy. You could try this :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Mommy Peachy. It was given to me by Her Beauty Guide but you can buy it online or in the ff places:
      Cinderella, Robinsons Place Manila
      Cinderella, SM Megamall
      Cinderella, Alabang Town Center
      Cinderella, Festival Mall
      Stylash, Fisher Mall
      :)

      Delete
  20. Its looks like this product is good, from the review am convinced

    ReplyDelete