Favorite Photo Editing Apps

by - 1:35:00 PM



Hi guys! I'm finally writing about how I edit my photos. If you know me personally, I'm a big fan of post-processing photos and Instagram. Im pretty sure you're familiar with Instagram, if you're not - whaaat- you must get on IG now! Haha. Anyways, here's a quick list of my favorite photo editing apps + how I edit my photos. Hope this helps and enjoy! :)
1. VSCO (FREE WITH IN-APP PURCHASES)
Yep, everyone's favorite app! The nice thing about VSCO is you can tweak a lot of elements in the photo. From the brightness, contrast, saturation, highlights, shadows and you can even add fade. There are also ready made creative filters for any mood.


I have a usual routine when editing my photos. I always use one filter - SE3 from the Street Etiquette collection. Too bad they already removed the collection for some reason - so I'm not sure if you can still download it. Anyways, I use the SE3 filter then I brighten the photo's exposure. I usually add a little fade effect then that's it. Sometimes, I edit the finished photo by using the SE3 filter again to achieve that darker contrast effect.

2. AFTERLIGHT (PAID)
Afterlight is also one of my favorite apps when it comes to photo editing. You can get it for $1 at the app store. I use this especially if I want to keep a lighter look for my photos. A major plus for Afterlight is that you can record how you edit your own photos - it's like making your own filter. Plus they have light leaks and film filters if you're trying to achieve that vintage look for your photos. I also like that you can edit your photos to the degree of your liking (1-100).

3. BLACK (FREE WITH IN-APP PURCHASES)
When I'm not into colorful pictures, I like my photos black and white. The Black app has a lot of filters to choose from to get the mood you want. They also have extra features where in you can fade and add vignette effect. There is a curves feature for those who want to edit the photo like you can in Adobe Photoshop.

4. SNAPSEED
I only heard about Snapseed from Lauren Uy's post. I don't often use Snapseed unless I want to edit particular elements in a photo. I do like it when I want my photos to look high def through the sharpening and structure.


*additional tips on how to get a good photo ohhhh*
  • use your phone's CAMERA. Do not use in-app cameras. The phone's camera is more stable and clear while in-app cameras are usually slow, unstable (what parang feelings lang huhu) and reduces the quality of your photo.
  • use natural light when always possible, it's easier to edit the photo from there :) 

....so that's basically everything. I hope you find this helpful. You can follow me on IG, I'll be happy to follow you back. How about you, what are you favorite photo apps and what photo apps do you think I should try? Let me know through the comments below! 

Till next time, 

You May Also Like

51 NOTES

  1. I love using the selective tool on Snapseed! You can edit certain parts of your photo lang without touching the rest - super cool!

    Erika // ofdreamsandthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's really helpful. Thanks Erika! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I just adore VSCO and SNAPSEED. Huhu! the STREET ETIQUETTE isn't available anymore... I read that it's what RHEA BUE uses too!

    cheers!

    http://ahintandapinch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg really? Huhu maybe that's why I love the style of her pictures too. Thanks Hazel! <3

      Delete
  3. You may want to try Pixlr by Autodesk:

    For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixlr.express&hl=en

    For iPhone/iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autodesk-pixlr/id880663569?mt=12

    It's very popular and easy to use.

    You should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyy! Thank you. I'm downloading it right now. :)

      Delete
  4. I love VSCO too and i use SE3 a lot. If you love editing videos, try videoshop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I don't really edit videos but we can change that. Thanks Jovz, will definitely download that! :)

      Delete
  5. I stick to VSCO. When our laptop is not available for Photoshop, I always seek the help of VSCO. It never fails!!

    LEI
    THE LEI REGEEL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used VSCO and I have seen Snapseed on my friend's phone...right now, I'm embracing the great effects from Pixlr (mobile version) and the VSCO of coure..
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh nice. I'm currently downloading Pixlr as suggested. I hope I enjoy using it too. Sure, no problem! :)

      Delete
  7. I have tried Afterlight way back but I just love VSCO.

    Tricia Willa | Eccentric Earthling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I only use Afterlight when VSCO won't just do. VSCO paren talaga no. Haha!

      Delete
  8. I am at ease using pixlr and picmonkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I wanna try Pixlr and Picmonkey too. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. I use SnapSeed to edit my photos when taken using my mobile phone camera. I've tried using VSCO once but got a little confused with the settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got confused the first time around too. I remember deleting it then downloading it again. Haha!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the very informative post on photo editing. I seldom use vsco for instagram. Is the Afterlight avail for androids as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, yes it's also available on Android. :)

      Delete
  11. Mukhang magkakasundo kami nito. I'll try using this next time I do photo editing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing, this is a very helpful post. I have been using picasa in editing all photos, but it has very limited options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been using Picase before all these applications existed. I hope you can try the other apps, I'm sure you'll like it, :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you for these recommendations. I have not heard of any of these, even VSCO. I have been using Pixlr and Aviary all this time, and I have been satisfied with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? VSCO is very popular. They really have nice features. You can check them out while I also try Pixlr. Hehe, thanks!

      Delete
  14. I have this apps though I mostly just rely on IG's filters or diptic If I need to do a collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also tried VSCO but I guess I don't do well with the editing options.

      Delete
  15. I use snapseed, VSCO and instagram. Like you Im a post editing addict ahaha ;) thanks for sharing sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really addicting! Haha thanks Yvonne for dropping by <3

      Delete
    2. are those apps not complicated to use for a newbie like me? I wish I could start do same as your passion.

      Delete
    3. Hi Joseph. I believe these apps are pretty easy to use. You can try VSCO for starters! :)

      Delete
  16. I think it was VSCO that came out first in the app market however, it didn't grow popularity unlike the Afterlight app. But because VSCO had free filters and the app itself is free, it succeed in being the top photo editing app :) I have both by the way. :) I love VSCO because it's simpler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I didn't know. I always thought VSCO was popular even since then. HAHA! Thanks for letting me know Louise. :)

      Delete
  17. i always use VSCO and Camera 360. Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was helpful. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  18. Thanks for this! I use VSCO and Photoshop Express when editing photos. I have to get Black! And oh, you're right. It's best to edit photos when taken with natural light

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use photoshop when editing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even photos from your phone? Wow. Hehe, I love your photos. :)

      Delete
  20. I'm into photography and this one is a great help. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice! Lucky I came across your post, because, my friend asked me to download this fantastic app! I will download it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy, no problem Mommy Millie! :) Enjoy editing!

      Delete
  22. Great share! Hope you can find an app that lets you add some text on the photo as well ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Phoster for that but I don't put that much text on my photos. Hehe. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  23. VSCO, but I much prefer transferring it to my PC and use Lightroom.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like VSCO, Afterlight, and Snapseed! Although, I only use either Photoshop or Snapseed regularly for my food shots. Great tips Melissa!

    ReplyDelete