Jacket Dresslink Wish List + How to Choose A Jacket

by - 8:13:00 PM


One thing that's keeping me from making more outfit posts is the weather. Most of the time it's bipolar and most of the time, it's just raining... hard. Today is Saturday, the only time I can ask my sister to take photos of me for another outfit post but the rain is just getting in my way. For photos, I usually wait till 5-6pm because I think that's the best time for photos.


Tith the weather, I decided to go visit one of my favorite sites - Dresslink. If you haven't heard, they're an online clothing store based in Hongkong. They have over 30,000 styles of clothes and they're known for their high quality items at low prices. So if you haven't checked them out yet, then go! So I recently visited them and thinking all about this weather, I decided to scan their jackets and sweater catalog. Here are my top picks:



While scanning their catalog, I realized that there were some jackets that were more stylish than others. Some were also too thin to be even called a jacket. But then it hit me, jackets are not only for the foul weather but also for work. Some people also like wearing jackets to pump up their outfits too. With that, questions for choosing a jacket kept popping in my mind as I scanned their pages. Here are my thoughts when choosing a jacket:

1. What is the purpose of my jacket - is it for the weather or for work?
2. If it is for the weather - is it sturdy enough, will it keep you dry and warm?
3. If it is for work - is the jacket appropriate for your work place? (depending on office dress code)
4. Should the jacket be functional? Do I need pockets, long sleeves, colars, fur? 
5. Does the jacket fit me well?
6. Can I work and move in this jacket? Am I flexible? *because quality is important*
7. Is the price of the jacket reasonable? 
8. If I buy this now, will I be able to use? *my formula in knowing a piece of clothing's worth = price OVER (DIVIDED BY) times used / can use* *then ask yourself, is my ____ worth it?*

So the next time you choose a jacket, remember these questions. Also, try the jacket out! I think when you try a piece of clothing, that's when you really know if it is for you. Anyways, what was your favorite pick? And what other tips would you suggest in choosing a jacket or any piece of clothing? Let me know through the comments below. Till next time and stay safe everyone! :) 



You May Also Like

26 NOTES

  1. I'd always consider comfort and the purpose when it comes to picking jackets. I should be able to move with it. Purpose is important because you wouldn't want to be caught wearing something a little to thick during summer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Hahaha I feel like people judge me when I wear a thick jacket when it's very hot. Sayang din get-up :))

      Delete
  2. Interesting choices, Melissa! :) Gusto ko tuloy bumili ng leather jacket haha! :)

    Jhanz | www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ate Jhanz. There were a lot to choose from kaya I it was also hard trimming the list. :)) Tara! <3

      Delete
  3. I think it's important to know the purpose and for what occasion. Some jackets would be perfect for the weather but won't be good for work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so true. I don't think I found a perfect jacket that can do both. :(

      Delete
  4. Unlike other countries, we can live with just a few jackets. We only need them during the cold or rainy season so choosing the right styles and jacket type is challenging. But it has become easier when blazers became a casual thing nowadays. You no longer have to think of a jacket for work and a jacket for daily use because now, what you have for work can also work for your weekend getaways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I think there are some jackets that can be used for any type of weather and event. I just need to find one. Haha. Thanks Louise.

      Delete
  5. I am still eyeing for the perfect leather jacket. That's one thing missing on my closet staple pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the selection Dresslink has to offer. Hehe. You will too :)

      Delete
  6. Nice tips! I always have three types of outerwear in my closet: blazer for formal meetings, light cardigan for summer, and warming jacket for rainy season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. Maybe I should arrange my outerwear like that too. My jackets are mixed so I sometimes get confused on which I should wear. :)

      Delete
  7. Jackets should be chosen based on their function not because of its aethetics. Nice post, never though that there was a detailed post compared to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! But you're a style blogger, don't you also consider if the jacket is nice on you? Haha. Thanks Sef!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! These look really good. I'm sharing this with my girlfriend, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Sir Albert. Hope she likes them! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the jackets you chose, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ones you picked! Such style! And yes I totally agree about the Philippine weather being so bipolar. We had an OOTD shoot and it got almost cancelled because of the rain! Haha. Nice post Melissa! :)

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you have picked out - they all look good and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are cool Jackets Mel, How i wish they're available in plus size , otherwise, I can only drool in envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Michelle. They do have them on plus size. Hehe. Hope you can check them out. :)

      Delete