Saving Money Series

by - 8:35:00 PM

/WRITTEN IN A COLLEGE STUDENT'S PERSPECTIVE/

When we say the word "college"- words like "expenses","tuition fee" and "money" come in to mind. Why? Well, the answer is simple. It is because without money- you cannot survive the university. We all know how expensive education is. And I'm pretty sure we also know how expensive it can get during the school year. We have a lot of homework, projects, materials we need to buy, field trips we have to go to, food we need to eat, places to go to, money when we take public transportation to get to places. And thus comes the saying, Money doesn't grow on trees. Although I really wish it did, it's not easy to get money. We have to work hard for the money. And who earns the money we use for our school? It is usually the fruits of labour of our parents, family, relatives and sometimes by you, yourself. 

As I began my stay here in the university, I've become more conscious of my expenses. I don't just spend on food or materials, etc. I always see to it I get my money's worth and set aside money for saving. And I noticed that I always do an accounting of my expenses. I try not to go overboard than the usual. People always say that it's okay to spend just a little. Sure it is, but in a way - I rather save my money. I love my father for teaching me this. He also inspires me to save my money and put it in investments for my future, which I should write a post also about. (But I need more consulting from my dad as he is the real expert). But all I can say is, the younger you start investing, the better. Sad to say- Filipinos are not very futuristic and we don't often think about the long run.

So what am I proposing? Well, saving is very important. You may not see the bigger picture yet of saving but I can assure you that you won't regret it. You never know when you might need the money you have or will save. And it is really important that you have back-up money. And in the future, I do hope you do get to see the bigger picture. But today, I start a new blog series called the:


As the title implies, this series will be all about how you can save money. I'm not an expert in saving money but I do know a few ways, you can save money and maybe, help you make it grow (although that's another story). I hope you stay tuned and together, we can save money. Let's changed the Filipino perspective and think about our future in the the long run. I'm sure your life will be changed. Any thoughts, comments and violent reactions? Leave me a comment below :) 

You May Also Like

2 NOTES