Macaron Fun Facts

by - 12:35:00 AM

Although recently I saw a post of this blogger saying she was disappointed with the macarons she bought in Tous Les Jours, I wasn't. I don't like my macarons - or anything else - to be too sweet. I think these we're just right and heavenly. And I now understand why macarons are so expensive. They're describe to be the one of the hardest pastries to make. And then you'd probably ask yourself, what is the hype all about? What are macarons and why are they so popular? 

Well, lucky for you - here are some fun facts about macarons!


It'd like to thank my boyfriend for giving me this. Thank you bear!

1. May 3 is national Macaron day. 
Yep, we're obsessed with macarons, alright. Imagine that cities dedicate a whole day to it. Cities all around the world giveaway free macaroons during this day and 25% of the sales go to charitable organizations. So next time March 20 comes around - don't forget to treat yourself to a macaron. saying "Joyeux Jour du Macaron!" (Happy Macaron Day!)
2. Yes, there is a difference between macaron and macaroon. They're two different things.
3. The term macaron and macaroni have the same origin. The name for a type of pasta which in Italy means "fine dough".
4. While cupcake got popular with it's debut in Sex and the City, the world became obsessed with macarons after its debut on Gossip Girl. 
5. Macaron is French but it was first made in Italy. It was only introduced to France circa 1553 by Italian chef Catherine de' Medici. This was at the time of her marriage to Henry III, who become king of France in 1547. 
6. The coconut macaroon is more popular than any other macaroons in North America.
7. The original macaron was a small sweet cake of ground almonds, which was compared to the Italian ameretti. 

Hmm... I think I'm gonna go for a macaron now. If you have any more fun facts about macarons you would love to share, comment down below! :) 

You May Also Like

4 NOTES