On Learning English

by - 7:08:00 AM

A lot of people have been asking me lately how can they learn to speak in English. I, for one, couldn't answer that question because I was born into an English speaking family. I don't think I had a hard time learning the English language. So I thought about it again... and again.. and again. Finally, it hit me! I've come to realize that it doesn't depend on what language one is trying to learn. I thought about this because I personally had and still have a hard time speaking in Filipino (which is supposed to be our main language). I can't even count from 1 to 20 in Filipino. But eventually, I had to learn or else I wouldn't have survived high school. I'm in the university now and I continuously learn more about the language. I can say that I was better in speaking Filipino than I was before. 

So what did I do? Well, I read Filipino books especially those with pronunciation guides. They were very helpful. Other than that, I would have an English- Filipino translator on my phone. Also, I tried to learn 10 new words a week. Of course, my friends and family taught me too. (Thank you! Hihi). Thus, to answer the question of how one can learn to speak in English - let's take baby steps first. Let's first learn new English words together. 

With that, I bring you.... WORD OF THE DAY! Through research google, I was able to come up with a list of uncommonly used English words. To make it more fun, I will put them in creative (well, I try) images. Read the word, remember or just be familiar with what it means and try using it when conversing today. It proved to be helpful to me, so you can do it! Now let me present to you, today's word:



Any thoughts? Comment below! :) 

You May Also Like

0 NOTES