How to get your TIN# from the BIR (Philippines)

by - 5:51:00 PM

Aloha! Today, I finally got my TIN number. For those who are not familiar with what a TIN is, well:
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws. Click here to read more about it.
To be honest, it wasn't easy. It took me almost 4 hours to complete the filing of the documents. I'm not even finished - I have to go back tomorrow for briefing (since I'm new) and to get my official ID or something like that. Most of the time, I was also clueless with what to do. Seriously, no one told me it was that hard. :( Anyways, when I got home I decided to do a blog post about this because why not and it was so tiring for someone who isn't as familiar. 

I wrote this only from what I remember so if I miss a few steps or details - sorry about that!  - I still do hope these tips will be helpful to you. If you do have any questions, I suggest contacting the BIR themselves. I promise you, I am still as clueless even after today. 


So yeah, I hope you find this helpful! Drop me a comment below. Take care everyone! :) 

You May Also Like

9 NOTES

  1. HEEEEY MELLYYY what is this OTR / CITY HALL thing u talkin about? :( :)) HAHA --kten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kten! OTR = official tax receipt. It is some sort of proof that you are a resident in Las Pinas. Just bring your ID and pay the fees You don't need to fill up any forms. Less hassle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good thing I saw this! Thank you for tips:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I was just looking up the procedure to obtain a TIN because I am also applying to be an RJ tutor. It's been 2 years since you posted this but I'm just wondering what other requirements do I need? Apart from the IDs, OTR and certificate, do i also need to bring both brgy and police clearance, birth cerf and cedula?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! All you need are your IDs, birth certificate, cert saying you are a tutor (you can print this from the website) and cedula :) The rest should be easy!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I live in Los Banos, Laguna because of school but I am really from Davao City. Do you think I should apply in Davao or could I apply here in Laguna?

    Thaaaanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello JCAL! According to the BIR, you have to apply where you are originally from. If you apply in Laguna, from what I know, you can only renew and do other transactions in Laguna. You can check their website or email them. :)

      Delete
  6. This was really helpful. thanks! BTW, after you got the certificate, were you required to attend a seminar and were you also get required to buy book of accounts or journal and ledgers for receipts? Because I read from other bloggers that they were required to. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete