THE MANE EVENT

by - 9:43:00 PM

So I recently decided to turn blonde............... kidding aside. Here's a long over due post on coloring my hair with Going Straight Salon x Nouvelle. I am really sorry for the delay..... tbh. I colored my hair before I left for Greece so I never really found the time to write about it when I was there. I went home and it was a week before class started........ class started and yep, you can guess I forgot about it. There was no deadline and I guess, I wasn't as pressured to really write about it. I am really truly sorry though and this is nothing personal. I still hope I can share my hair coloring experience the way I remember it.

Last June, for the first time in forever, I'm having my hair colored in a SALON. The last time I had my hair color was in a barber shop (YEP, THAT'S ANOTHER STORY) so it was pretty exciting to have my hair done. What was more exciting was learning that Going Straight now is partners with Nouvelle, a brand from Italy. It is 100% safe and is good on the hair - take it from a first timer. 

Anyways, there were a few bloggers who were invited to their hair colored by the experts and it was pretty exciting. We were 5 bloggers in the room who all chose our style and colors. A major plus since they really get the color you want right. You could show a picture and the stylists know exactly what to do. ;)

The picture below shows the start of the program. One of their program heads were explaining the technology behind Nouvelle and their hair coloring. The other pictures shows the stylists showing off the work they've done on their models. 


Since I was traveling and staying in Greece for a month, I didn't want the changes to be super drastic so I opted for a simple color - a color that my Grandma month get mad at me for (HUHU). Here are some of the snaps from that day:

The last picture is my favorite part cause I was blonde for a moment LOL. Before they put on the real coloring, they bleached my hair. And again, for a first timer - it didn't hurt?? I used to be scared to have my hair bleached but it was pretty safe and it didn't burn like everyone says. Also, the color is pretty color - I might color it a little blonde if I do have the guts someday.

What I loved most about it was that Going Straight and Nouvelle made coloring my hair less scary. It was pretty safe (again and again, I know!) and the color turned out really lovely! I can't recall if the product was organic but after a month so, my hair and its texture is still the same. I warn you though, you have to have your hair maintained unless it is going to fade like what happened to mine. There, I had to recolor my hair into a darker shade since school was also about to start. But other than that, you're good to go!

Here's the final product. Took this picture when I already landed in Greece. I really love what they did on my hair and if ever I get the chance, will have it colored again this way. :)


Thank you so much Going Straight and Nouvelle for the invite! Let me know what you think in the comments below! And add me on Snapchat: caramelyyyyy! xx

You May Also Like

0 NOTES