Girl Online

by - 6:42:00 PM


I don't normally posts book reviews or anything related to books - don't get me wrong, i'm just a fan of books as you are - but this one just has to be posted. It's not a book review because I never really reviewed a book, ever. Anyway, I started reading this book called Girl Online by English fashion and beauty vlogger, Zoe Sugg. I heard about the book from my younger sister, Kat but I wasn't determined to read it until my other younger sister, Lia borrowed the book from her friend because she knew I'd like to read it (I'm a really lucky sister!).

Because I know you all don't like lengthy posts, I'll tell you that I finished reading the book around 3am last night. I was so hooked, I had to finish the book till the end. You know how there are some books you officially fall in love with three seconds of reading it? This is one of those books. 


I can really relate to the story not because of the romance comedy-ish vibe but the main character, Penny, is a blogger too. It speaks to me (and probably to you too!) since we live in the digital age. So if you do decide to read through Girl Online, expect cheesy ball moments (this has made me an emotional wreck), funny true-to-life situations and plot twists towards the end.

After reading it, I can't help but feel so refreshed. This book inspires me to write a novel - YES REALLY! I've already made mental notes of what I want to write or say. Whether it will be a fiction novel or a how-to guide - I'm still undecided but for now, this blog will remain my unfinished book.


If you have any more book suggestions for me, please please please let me know! I'm not choosy and I kinda read everything (just not those heavy-drama novels pls lol). With one week of vacation left, I want to read as much as I can - so don't forget to comment your favorite books suggestions. Till next time!


snapchaaaaaaaaat me! [holacaramelyyy]

You May Also Like

29 NOTES

  1. Where did you bought the book and how much? please shoot me an email at aikaloraineph@gmail.com. I love reading books and knowing that the protagonist is a blogger makes me so eager to read it! :)



    -aikaloraine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aika! My sister just borrowed the book from her friend but I asked her and she said it costs around 600+ pesos. Will shoot you an email when I find out where they still have the books. Wee, I know you'll love it. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Melissa! please please email me ha. :)

      Delete
  2. Same question with Aika. I have a blogger friend whose birthday is coming up. This might be the perfect gift. Thanks you so much for the heads up. Will definitely check this out!

    Lester | www.lesteronearth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister just borrowed the book but it costs around 600+ php for the hardbound copy. I hope it's still available in the bookstores though. Thanks Lester! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm such a book worm, however of late I haven't the time for books anymore. But I love romcoms and would love to read this book. Maybe on my next long-haul flight.
    - Heena, www.iCynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I hope you do get the chance. It's a nice book! :)

      Delete
  4. it really is refreshing to know that physical books still goes around and being read by today's youth, considering how drastic technology has advanced. i do wish i had the patience to sit and read. Books hate me! hahaha

    Rey | MODMENCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But why do they hate you? Haha! Same thoughts.... I still love reading physical books than e-books. :)

      Delete
  5. I shall look for a free ebook version of this book! HAHA! I'm currently addicted to chick lit books these days and I'm looking for new stuff to read as well. I just finished the Beautiful Disaster series! Any suggestions Mel? Hihihi

    xx, Janine | Wandering Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope you do find one. Last time I was looking for a free ebook version, they already removed it online. :( Anyways! I also love the Beautiful Disaster series. Hehe. Don't they have a movie out already?

      Also, you can check "To All The Boys I've loved before and PS. I still love you" - it's a bit mainstream but nakakakilig! Haha.

      Delete
  6. Now I want to read this. This books looks like a simple novel yet catchy and I love that kind of story. Its been years since my last book (ebook actually), the Fault in our Stars. I guess now is the right time to read something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! I love the Fault in our Stars even before it became a movie. This book made me cry. Hehe. Hope you get to read this. It's light and fun. :)

      Delete
  7. I wanna go and read that book myself. Off my head I'd recommend to you the Lunar Chronicles if you haven't read them since you don't want drama hahaha... I'm into the heavy stuff actually, but I figured you'd like the Lunar Chronicles if you like romance and fantasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm! Sounds exciting. Thank you Marjorie! Will definitely check it out. :D

      Delete
  8. This sounds like something I would adore reading for myself the plot is intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a big fan of books but since I've decided to include reading books in my new years bucket list. I might grab a copy of this book or look for an ebook to read it. I'm kinda eager to know the whole story especially the protagonist is a blogger.

    Vanessa | Ai ♥ Capture Memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm a big fan but I don't get to read a lot that's why I'm making the most of this vacation. Hehe. Yayy! I hope you enjoy reading the book :)

      Delete
  10. if you haven't yet, i would suggest you read the little prince. That's the only book i've read from front cover to back cover... Hehehe! You are not aline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I read the Little Prince back in high school as a school requirement. I love the book and movie too! Hehe :)

      Delete
  11. Interesting read. I'll recommend this book to my girl friends. :) Tha ks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand the "first three second" feel you get in a book. I almost always know if I will finish the book from the first few pages. If I don't like it, I stop! Hope you will enjoy the book. I'll stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiight? :) Even if it means staying up soooo late. Haha. Thanks Sam! I did enjoy the book.

      Delete
  13. I've been looking for that kind of book! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. been dying to grab a hold of that book by Zoella! I also would love to read Michelle Phan's! <3
    www.emmereyrose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Haha! :) I haven't read any of Michelle's yet. Do you have any suggestions?

      Delete