2015 Year-End Review

by - 12:06:00 AM

It has become tradition to always look back at the past year when welcoming the new year. Like in Facebook and Instagram, I've put up a little something to sum up this 2015. Last year, I wrote about the lessons 2014 has taught me so for this year, I'd like to do something different. 

So to officially sum up and close this year, here's the memorable events of 2015:


-Making things happen: My sister and I started a business. We made plushies. Our best-sellers are Pusheens. We also had a pop-up booth during the fiesta at Pateros. (If you're curious, check us out @mne_shop and Meli and Elisha's (FB))

-While I turned 20 years old, Oma (my grandmother) celebrated her 90th birthday. We're both February babies

-My family and I enjoyed the fiesta of Sta. Martha at Pateros. This is the fiesta where in people dance because they wish to bear children. Surprisingly, we went home with another baby. We bought a shitzu puppy and named her Waffle. Today, Waffle is more than a year old and she loves sleeping at my bed. Hay, haha!

-Attending blogging events and having brands trust me = fun feeliiiing

-Josef, my little brother, was part of the "Bedan's Got Talent" where he and his "hooligans" danced to Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk. A proud moment for his sisters

-Lia finally enters grade six - so proud of this youngling

-Luminisce Night: First ever bloggers-social event I went to. There I came to have met the nicest and most good-looking (Luminisce babies e) bunch of bloggers

-Found out I had scoliosis but a little stretch, exercise and the right diet keeps me healthy

-Won Spiral Buffet GCs (sofitel), which we used for our Jan and I's anniv celebration

-Jan and I reached our 2-YEAR mark! (Akalain mo yun? HAHA)

-got my first photography and writing gigs yayyyy thank u kind people for believing in me huhu

-Lost some old friends 

-Pope Francis came to the Philippines and really blessed the country

-Braved the CEAT office (huhu) and they've finally let me go after more than a month of completing my clearance

-I FINALLY shifted to my dream course............. DEVCOM! ♡

-Long Distance Relationship: While Jan was at New York, I was here at home. This 12-hour difference went on for one month. We never bragged about it but we're happy to made it. We talked everyday like the 12-hour difference didn't even exist

-Pam graduated from DLSU, which makes her the first college graduate of the family. I'm one proud ATE! Kat, on the other hand, graduated from San Beda high school. She is now a first year student at DLSU too. (Wee, praying for graduation to be next)

-Went to Pandin lake with my favorite orgmates and got 50 shades darker

-Lost a lot of weight and neared my fitness goals. It was never about aesthetics but only about my health issues. Today, thanks to my weight loss, my back does not hurt as often as it did before

-Braved commuting at 3am with two group mates to Majayjay. We did this just for an interview with the locals as a requirement. It was fun exploring around. It was also pretty cold.

-My poser (at Omegle) just got worse with all her/his schemes (thanks to the people who told me about it), but I'm over it. It doesn't affect me and I just laugh at it :p

-Crammed my feature story about the Life of a Public School Teacher but ended up getting a really good grade :") HUHUHU this gives me hope to write more!

-Wine night, boodle fight, drunk nights (or ako lang yun??) and adventures with the new squad (Hello KD, Che, Emil, Jonas and Jan!)

-Almost (almost) wrote for this tweeny - bopper magazine.... if it wasn't for my school schedule. Oh well, more opportunities await!

-Survived two radio broadcasts (which I normally can't do because I'm super shy huhu but it was loads of fun)

-Reunion with the Angels, my IE barkada since first year :) :)

-Watched Juan Miguel Severo do slam poetry live! (HE KILLED IT! ANG GALING NIYA HUHUU)

-Commuted more this year. Be proud of me, people. HAHAHAHA

-Going home to a lot of new cooking appliances. My Mom won a lot of appliances after buying a heat induction stove from La Rouge. Fancy living here we come?? 

-Dad got promoted at his job. I'm happy because he really deserves it. When it comes to work, my dad is goals

-passed up a lot of opportunities and events but I dont feel bad at all. I know more opportunities will come

-It was break-up season for most of my friends and celebrities. Jan and I are survivors. 

-My best friend Janica and Frances are finally licensed at their own fields. Arvin just took the board exams for accounting and the rest of us are just waiting for our graduation. HAHA **catching up with HS barkada like we haven't been separated since first year college**

-Taco Bell and Rita's finally opened at Town Center!! (yes kasama talaga to)

-Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now showing! (Add that to my Kingsman, LOTR and Braveheart - favorites list)

-Bee turned 21 y/o! Spent the day with him and his family. 

-Justin Bieber is back, finallyyyy

-Ms. Philippines was crowned Miss Universe 2015 in the most awkward fashion ever but I'm so proud. Huhu goals! Pia Wurtzbach is the Queen 

-Another fun Christmas back @ our place (always naman e)

-This year, we spent New Year at Marco Polo Hotel, Ortigas instead of the usual Bicol trip. 

-People still actually read my blog?? HAHA *thank u for the love*

As I write this, I can't remember the bad memories (anymore). I'm pretty sure there were a lot of times that I cried and cried buuuuut in the end, it doesn't matter. It's nothing but a bad memory. I'm happy the good and happy memories have taken over my life and that should be the case of your life too - only the good memories. 

2015 is the year I surprised myself. Life definitely pushed and tested me (cause I really cried a lot this year)...... but I made it. I actually made it. Akala ko hindi ko kaya, nakaya ko din pala.

I had a fun 2015. It was epic. Thank you.

(so.........) things to do more this year: visit Oma, study harder, forgive more, save more money and invest them, travel to new places and blog more. I also want to be more simple - to appreciate the little things and stay grounded at all times - never proud. I want to pray more and love more - to do ALL things in love. 
---
How about you, how did your 2015 go? Let me know in the comments below! Happy 2016 everyone!☺︎

You May Also Like

40 NOTES

  1. It was a challenging year for all of us but I'm glad the last months or weeks of this year proved to be a blessing to everyone. I'm happy to welcome a new year ahead! Happy New Year to you, I hope you have a blessed 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year too, Ate Mai! Hope you have one awesome 2016! :)

      Delete
  2. What a year that was. Glad you got to do so much. And I love that collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A REALLY TRULY GREAT YEAR IT WAS FROM YOUR REVIEW... WELCOME TO THE NEW YEAR AND HOPEFULLY LOADS OF GOOD THINGS TO COME YOUR WAY...

    greetings from leXHansplaCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Akala ko hindi ko kaya, nakaya ko din pala."

    I love this. Yay to such an eventful 2015, Melissa!
    To a brighter 2016! Cheers! Happy new year :)

    jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you Ate Jhanz! It's not much but it's a start. Thank you and happy 2016 to you too! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you had a great 2015. I wish you all the best for 2016 and that you blog becomes even better. Great article

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our 2015 had ita few bumps but the family did something more of it. Glad we made it. Anyway, you have a great 2015! More blessings to you this 2016. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, glad to know your 2015 still went well. :) Thank you and I wish you the same. Let's make 2016 a memorable one!

      Delete
  7. 2015 was a really challenging year for me. I'm hoping that 2016 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Praying you have a great year. Happy 2016 and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. The year is indeed a roller coaster ride for all of us. It was nice reading your year-end review. Let's hope for a better 2016 :)

    Lester | www.lesteronearth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Lester! :) Happy 2016 to you too! Let's make it a memorable one.

      Delete
  9. Good for you. I've been blogging on and off for years but never attended a bloggers event. yikes! I checked out you instagram and the plushies are nice and cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm still shy to go but it's actually fun pala. Hehehe. Thank you po! <3

      Delete
  10. 2015 is a challenging year for us but it is also a year of learning and realization. Despite the challenges, I'm still thankful for all the blessings. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) Happy New Year to you too. Let's have a memorable 2016!

      Delete
  11. 2015 was a good year. The best is yet to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had an awesome 2015 despite those instances that made you cry. I hope I get to start a business this year like you did last year. :) Oh and by the way, I'm a February baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you po! And advance happy birthday to us awesome Feb babies! :D

      Delete
  13. Best of 2015 for me was our family summer vacation at Outerbanks, NC and able to work less hour and focus more with my family which is great. I can't wait for 2016! Happy New Year:)
    www.wish4less.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, glad to hear that. Let's make 2016 more memorable! :)

      Delete
  14. You did have an awesome year, and it's inspiring. :) Keep on going. :) I blogged about mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hmmm should check that out. Drop me a link if you want :)

      Delete
  15. OMG I'm so glad to discover your blog through pinoy bloggers. I'm glad you had an awesome 2015. Cheers to a better 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and cheers to 2016! May it be one awesome year :)

      Delete
  16. Our 2015 was one of the toughs year we had. But surprisingly, it was a year of so many blessings. God knows how to balance everything. He's amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, this is sooooo true. He's amazing. Thank you Mommy Maye and happy new year din po :)

      Delete
  17. My 2015 had been tough but I'm looking forward for a great year this year. Hopefully more blog opportunities this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! I definitely hope you have more opportunities and may you have a happy 2016! :)

      Delete
  18. My new year? haha it's all in my blog :P :P have a great year this year~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Khimbyrlee! Shoot me your link :) Have a great year as well!

      Delete
  19. You have a great 2015 :-) wish you the best for 2016, btw now ko lang nalaman Pateros fiesta, we are near that place. Need to attend fiesta and wish for another baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Talaga po? You can go there. There's a long story to it but it worked on the Wife of the founder of Max's Restaurant. :) Thank you and have a great 2016!

      Delete
  20. you got great memory to recall everything nice that happened to you last year. ^_^ i wish i have the patience to do a mosaic like that too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures played a big part in recalling. I'm glad I documented a lot. Hehe. Thank you! :)

      Delete