First impressions

by - 4:03:00 PM


Since it's almost a year since I left for Greece, here are some unpublished pictures from the trip. These were a few of those I first took since I landed. You can say they hold my first impressions of the place. I even took the time to take pictures of what I was first eating. (LOL SORRY) but needless to say, Greece is beautiful. Sure there are other European countries, but there will be always be something about Athens that will steal your heart.


Staying in the seat of civilization for more than a month was truly breath taking. And if you know me, I'm such a fan of history. I've always dreamt of living in the 70s and well, during the time of the Greek gods and goddesses. Here are a few snippets of my first impressions of Athens, Greece:


The first thing I ate when I landed was a chicken gyro at Zimari cafe, turns out this place was going to be one of my favorite places. I initially was asking for rice but then they didn't have any rice. Actually, it's rare Greeks eat rice. Pita bread and salad was their staples but it was a great experience. Though I can't remember how I survived the trip without eating rice. 



This was the view from outside our apartment. I was just starting at the window from the bed and I'm just like wow - this is too beautiful. Also, finally - T H I S is what Greece looks like. I've always wondered if they were still living in the old column looking buildings. The buildings were old but were still aesthetic pleasing.



My co-interns and I went out to Syntagma Square, which is the heart of Athens. But if you ask me, it's basically a busy area full of well Greeks and foreigners living the night life. There were many people shopping, eating and hanging out. Maybe it was the heart of modern day Athens because it was such a nice place to walk around.


Another food shot - this time, it's a souvelaki! Safe to say, this is my favorite food from Greece. I always get this 1 EURO souvelakis near our apartment. When I started eating, I couldn't finish a whole piece so my co-interns ended up eating my share. But by the end of the trip, I could eat two souvelakis at one seating! It's good and a must-try when you go to Greece! I always like to pair it with orange juice on the side.


Melissinos is a famous leather sandals maker in Monastiraki, Athens. A lot of celebrities and prominent people have their sandals made here. Most sandals are also priced at 50 EUROS and above. It's handmade cause they measure you're feet - and only for your feet to fit! I heard that Nadine Lustre, a local celebrity, got a pair here too! :) 



You haven't been to Athens if you haven't been to the Acropolis Museum. Pictures inside the museum weren't allowed so this was all I could take - of course, I snuck these pictures. From the museum, you can also see Mount Lycabettus, also known as Lycabettos, Lykabettos / Lykavittos. It's a Cretaceous limestone hill in Athens, Greece at 300 meters (908 feet) above sea level. The hill is a tourist destination and can be ascended by the Lycabettus Funicular, a funicular railway which climbs the hill from a lower terminus at Kolonaki. 





And if you're tired from examining all those ancient-y pieces, you're welcome to chill on the roof top cafe at the museum. Their tea is a great way to cool off. Just beware of the pigeons cause I promise, there's plenty of them and you wouldn't want to get any poop near your drinks.


All photos were taken and edited by me. Please don't use them without my permission. :) Thank you and till the next update!

You May Also Like

0 NOTES