Life Lately #4

by - 3:31:00 PM



It's been a while since I've written something on the blog. I will be honest with you, ever since my hiatus, it's becoming harder to write here. My friends know I'm on a love-hate relationship with blogging. Love because it's a free space for me to document random thoughts and happenings in my life and well, hate because I sometimes question the authenticity of it all. Am I still writing for me or because someone else is reading my stories? *WHEW TOUGH CROWD*

And lately, the latter feeling has taken over most of the time. I will continue to write though. This blog has helped me so much. I've really learned to put my thoughts together - I've learn how to write. Most of classmates think I write so well - contrary to popular belief, I'm still learning but I really appreciate my fellow classmates who think so. Also, it's really hard to be surrounded by those who had experience in the campus journalism scene - I had none. A bit of high school background: I was the student-council / varsity type of girl (yes, I swam before). I was studying Physical sciences so ready to be an engineer someday but that plan didn't work out quite well. No worries though.

Anyways, going back: here's a short life update on things happening right now. I've decided to write them in bullet form because I'm feeling a bit lazy today.

  • I'm moving to Youtube!! (I know I just dropped the "I'm a lazy blogger" move on you and say I'm moving to Youtube - who would have thought?) Kidding aside, yes I am moving. As much as I love writing, I want to challenge myself to create more dynamic content and that includes creating videos. This past semester, I've written and edited a lot of videos and I think it would be a great way to challenge myself more. So if you have the time, please check out my content here

  • Another moving post: I finally moved out of the apartment!! After almost 6 years, I'm finally back in Manila living with my family. Although mixed feelings since I know I'm really going to miss having a home back in LB, this really means a lot to me since I'm almost finally graduating. I won't call it now - since it might be jinxed NOOOOOO - but I have a lighter load of subjects for the following sems that will allow be to go home after. Hay, gotta get ready for aldut-ing soon too. Good bye apartment! Thanks for the memories.


  • AIESEC 1617! I'd never thought i'd survive the year taking up my dream role in AIESEC. It's crazy. AIESEC has opened so much opportunities for me. Last year, I took off to Greece to go on exchange and when I came back, I co-lead the entity with these amazing individuals, the Executive Board 1617. I'm never the type to take up a leadership role - heck, I'm pretty much scared of trying new things but the whole experience has taught me so many things I wouldn't be learning in the classroom. With that, this calls for a separate post. For now, I'll leave it to this picture of us. 
  • I'm finally on break! And what have I been doing the past few days? I've been eating, organizing, unpacking my stuff and finally listening to Hamilton, which is my new obsession today. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius huhu and of course, I love the original cast. Always been a fan of the 70s but HAMILTON JUST GIVES ME SO MUCH LIFE. I wont spazz here anymore since you've been seeing me spazz all over twitter anyway but I love it. Also kinda regret being late into the scene. I mean their time was 2015 - 2016 and it's 2017. But *I'm not sorry* (sings in Eliza's voice). If you haven't listened to Hamilton, you should! (Picture not mine, btw)
***

And that's it for now! It's been really busy and I'm really sorry about that. I have a backlog of posts, hopefully, I can post them by this week. Thank you for always sticking around. :) Till the next update. For now, how's your summer going? Let me know in the comments below!


You May Also Like

0 NOTES