HAPPY OCTOBEER

by - 2:14:00 PM


Today I woke up feeling like I had to write something personal in the blog. Maybe it's because I've been getting all these requests to write about things, events and products - sure, it's great - but this blog after all bloomed from being a personal one and I promised myself I would keep it that way. Something just bothers me seeing "blogs" full of just "sponsored" posts and events, ya know?

Anyways, now is also not the best time to write. Right now, I have a big book to illustrate, videos to edit and write about, meetings and deadlines that need to be met, a case study, two exams, a quiz (I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT) to study for and org work - and don't get me started with that. I also am currently working on all possible sidelines - writing, creating and sewing. 

Forgive for missing out on blogging lately - it's not that easy especially since my views and followers have tremendously increased (AND I'M STILL FREAKING OUT! AHHHHH, THANK YOU, I TRY TO BE INTERESTING FOR YA'LL) but that makes writing more challenging - I'm more conscious with what I write and I can't be just some crap blogger.

(THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE LONGEST INTRO EVER) Kidding aside, the great thing about missing out on the blogging life is I don't miss out on life life. Staying away from social media even for a few weeks was definitely refreshing and I would recommend it. So for life life, here's a short update!

*****

1. ACAMP is finally finished! (which means the cycle is almost finish), our term is short (cause of the timeline shift huhu) and despite the many changes, crisis and the stress not everyone knows about, the team and I still remain strong. It's been almost just a cycle but I've learned so much. Working along side these wonderful people is such a humbling experience. I don't know where I'll be with AIESEC after graduation but I know my love and support remains.

2. My boyfriend and his family surprised their Mom for her 50th birthday! This reminded me of when we surprised Mama for her 50th, 5 years ago. It was really sweet. I think what I love about Jan and I's family is that we both really value our family.



3. I'm still on an exchange hangover.... anything related to exchange or Greece triggers me. LOL. I have yet to write about it but having to travel to Athens alone and stay and be part of their community has destroyed me forever. I will always be missing them. I try not to be annoying though. Hihi

4. I FINALLY APPRECIATE BEER! For the longest time ever (altho I'm not strong), I was a cocktail / tequila / mixed drinks / anything but beer - kind of person until there was this one day that I suddenly liked it. Weird, now I rather have beer than other drinks AND Jan's like really really proud too! HAHA

5. Graduating pressure is real. Every now and then I find myself zoning out as I think of a thesis topic. I don't want to complain tho, this is where everything comes to a new beginning. Sablay, I'm almost there huhu

6. When I'm not studying, I'm probably side hustling - designing and creating stickers, writing papers, copyediting papers and a passion project in the making - sewing. Hopefully, I will be able to release whatever I've been preparing by next week. I've never felt so motivated to do all these until I finally know how it feels to be broke. LOL kidding. But I mean, with so much things going on, my allowance will not be able to cover it all.



7. One of my (and Jan's) good friend off to fulfill his lifelong dream and we surprised him a few days before he starts. I'm pretty excited and nervous for him but we know he'll do really well......... which leaves Jan and I with no more party squad. LOL but kidding aside, we're gonna miss him!

8. Ever since L'Oreal has sent me 30 shades of lipsticks, I've been hoarding lipsticks non-stop. I'm also now eye-ing that Happy Skin x Disney collection. Hmmmm!

9. The long weekend wasn't as long and as productive as I hope it would but I'm really thankful for having to spend it with my family. My dad just turned 58 years old last Friday and we spent his day eating at UPLB and here in Manila. After not being home after two weeks, this was the best way to relieve my stress from school. Also who does not love drinking wine and eating pizza with the best people on earth?

10. Three weeks ago, I promised myself to believe in "loving" Mondays instead of hating it AND since then, it has worked really really well for me. Not only have I become more productive but was I able to meet deadlines and be more proactive throughout the week. All I'm gonna say is, have good coffee and start your Monday right. It will make all the difference. 


*****

So that's about it. I will try to blog more often despite the busyness................ but thanks for sticking around. Love you all! 

You May Also Like

2 NOTES

  1. Don't let your folks see this post and they will know where you are using your allowance (lipsticks). :) You have so many things going on for you that now is actually the best time to master the art of time management. If you think you are managing your time well, think again. This is like a way to challenge yourself to fit everything with the amount of time you have.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sir Robert! I will keep this in mind :)

      Delete