5 TRAVEL TIPS FOR THE LAZY GIRL

by - 10:22:00 PM


Back during my Greek adventure, people would always ask me where I'm from. I say I'm from the Philippines and the Greeks would always either 1) say random Filipino phrases like "Magandang Umaga" or "Maganda ka" (LOL someone did!) or 2) start praising on how BEAUTIFUL the Philippines is...... and it was in the moment when I realized that WOW, IT REALLY IS. *que in the dramatic music*

I haven't been to every corner of the Philippines yet but I've been to some of them and never has it failed to amaze me with it's beauty. Some of the hotels and resorts, in particular, have taken my breath away.  Here’s a tip, guys: use online booking sites like Traveloka.com to grab those rooms, otherwise you won’t get them! 

From hiking to beaching (LOL) and chilling....... and mostly chilling, I've pretty much experienced what it's like to be on the go. I would do it again if it wasn't for my extreme laziness to plan everything. Trust me on this, my family and boyfriend usually plans our mini vacays. I, however, am trying to plan something as of the moment (I REALLY AM TRYING GUYS HUHU) but we all know I'm not gonna change hehe 

With that, I've come up with a guide on how a LAZY GIRL (#represent) can plan her travels, stress-free. Add on everything I've learned so far. Here are some super easy tips to get you started:

1. DECIDE WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
I know there are so many places that made it in your bucket list this year...... but we have to choose one (for now *wink wink*). When you define where you really want to go for vacation, you easily get committed to idea. If you have a place in mind, you could go start browsing for ideas + accommodations. 

If you still have no idea on where you want to go, here are some sites I recommend you check out for lists, reviews and inspiration: 
2. BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION
Once you know where you want to go, you have to look for a place to stay - and no this should not be done overnight. I recommend booking 2 - 3  months ahead so that you can get cheaper prices and nicer options CAUSE EVERYONE IS LITERALLY NOW GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES + everyone is going everywhere. This should also solidify your plans on taking that vacation.

You can book hotels by browsing the net or using travel apps. What I love about using travel apps is that they're really easy to use and at a quick glance you can check out all your options. Hotels wont save you money but using travel apps can. They also make the whole process easier.



3. PACK AHEAD OF TIME AND PACK LIGHT
Congratulations! You've made it to tip #3, which means you've probably did tips 1 and 2 already. Kidding aside, you now have your accommodation and tickets (if you need them). You should give yourself a week to pack. Make a list of the things you need and check the list till the day of your adventure. This should help you remember all the things you need + things you still might need to buy for the trip (ex: groceries, snacks, batteries LOL). Also, remember to pack light!  Only packing what you really need for the trip lessens your load (literally and metaphorically)

4. SKETCH YOUR ACTIVITIES
I know we're a lazy spontaneous bunch but we have to at least sketch out the activities we'll be doing during the travel. If you're in for chilling then you don't have to write them down. If not, then plan out the major activities you will be doing. This should also help you know if you need any reservations for those tours and activities and the cost of it all. Personally I love being spontaneous and I'm the kind of person who does no research on the places she goes to whatsoever. It has its ups and downs though!

5. ENJOY!
The time has come for you to go on your trip - yep, there's no backing out! Be prepared for minor hiccups then (cause believe me, it could happen) but enjoy! You've earned it after all. Also, traveling around the Philippines never disappoints........ whether for fun, adventure or broken hearts.

Follow these tips and you’ll be golden. And above all else, relax! You're on vacation anyway! 
What else travel tips do you recommend? Or got any questions? Let me know in the comments down below! :) 

You May Also Like

5 NOTES

  1. Thank you. Your Makalen can be understood very clearly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slowly (finally) mastering the art of packing light! Hahahaha. It's really not that easy to pack light, especially when you want OOTD's for your trip, lol. Love the new look of your blog!! <3
    xx Nikaia | wheresnika.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% AGREE WITH YOU! Like........ you wanna look good and not repeat outfits but you also have to pack light hahahah the struggle is very real. Anyways, thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  3. Love this! I'm in love with your blog and your stories! I'm definitely stalking your posts later. <3

    ReplyDelete