Heritage Houses

by - 11:15:00 PM


I am loving how everything ‘vintage’ is making it’s way back to the 20th century. I remember always telling my friends how I’d love to live in times where you can casually wear long dresses and lots of hairspray and break into a song and dance like it’s a normal thing. Wait…………. Hairspray? HAHA. Anyways, so when Jan told me about the heritage homes at Pila, I was more than stoked to visit the place.

It was a normal Monday when Jan invited me to go to Pila. It was an hour away from the campus so I didn’t hesistate to go. Also, I always make sure I finish my school work on weekends so that I could rest or do more school work on Mondays. Thankfully, I had to do neither of the two. I finally got the Monday off – off to Pila, Sta. Cruz that is. 



We got off the bus and walked around the park. Sadly, the houses around the park were the only heritage homes around. If you go further or beyond the park, you won’t find them any more. Also, the Pila Museum was already closed (and I think forever) so there wasn’t much to do.


In our 3 hours spent, we just walked, sat in the park, took pictures and witnessed some crazy things (which maybe I shouldn’t disclose anymore…………..). And since pictures speak a thousand words, I’ll let them do the talking from here. Enjoy! :)








If there's one thing I really loved about the place, it was that it was instagram ready. Thanks to the vintage vibe of the place, you could snap anywhere and it would still look good. I also learned that during the old times, these old houses were used as a way of urban planning. Although, I do not fully understand how - all I could imagine is how old these houses are!





Our trip wouldn't be complete without some pablogger snaps here and there HAHA.



It was really hot so I just had to wear a cami, shorts and flats. I also wore a kimono and sunnies for protection from the evil hot sun. HAHAHUHU


So that ends our Pila trip........ this is like 20% of our pictures and we have so much more. I might do a part 2 on this post but only for pictures but we'll stop at here for now. I really enjoyed and I want to go around Laguna some more. With less than 5 weeks of school, where do you think I should go next? 

PS. So happy Pila's vintage vibe and film looks good together *heart heart*

***

What's your favorite place to chill / stay / picture lately? :)

You May Also Like

12 NOTES

  1. Beautiful houses, beautiful pictures... I really enjoyed this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Heritage houses. Love to see a lot of them in different parts of the Philippines. Good thing there are these houses in Laguna, which is closer in Metro Manila. Good way to explore! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! And thank you :) I heard there are more Heritage houses somewhere in Laguna which I hope to explore too someday. Lol

      Delete
  3. The place looks so peaceful and simple. Someday, I'd buy one of those houses and then live there peacefully til I die, especially that white house in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same favorite house. Hehe. Too bad we weren't allowed to look inside but it is beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I've been to Pila, quiet town :) Laguna has a lot of hidden treasures that are waiting to be explored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. <3 I hope to explore around soon :)

      Delete
  5. Classic beauties never go out of style. I love how those classic looks are finding it's way back to today's fashion. :)

    That's a beautiful place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trueeee huhu. I'm a big fan of the classics too. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I haven't been to Laguna, I have passed by there for sure, but never had the chance to stop and stroll around the place. That place is such a beauty. I love seeing heritage houses and it's cool that there are still a lot here in our country. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Haha. I hope they get to maintain it tho. Thank you Dianne :)

      Delete