5 Makeup Tricks To Bring Out The Best In You

by - 10:38:00 PM


Although I don't usually wear makeup, I still like to consider makeup as a women’s best friend. It’s the art of beautification that dates back to ancient times. Women have been putting on makeup to highlight their best features and bring out the best in them all around the world. Just like the right amount of makeup can make you look stunning, too much of it can overshadow your entire appearance and make you look old. So the key to look your best is to wear just the appropriate amount of make up in accordance with the occasion and the outfit.

With the growing use of makeup, online buying and selling of makeup is also gaining pace. Many renowned E-stores and online market places such as Kaymu, Amazon and Shopthiseasy are providing a promising online platform for buyers and sellers all across the country offering a vast variety of makeup products  from world-class make up brands such Maybelline, L’Oreal’ , Cover Girl, Garnier etc. Following are the simple tips and tricks you can use to learn how to do your own make like a pro.
1. Concealer
Concealer is the beauty essential that brightens up the complexion, hides the blemishes and targets discoloration on the areas where the foundation won’t just do such as under the eyes, over the nose and on and around the mouth. They are the perfect solution for puffy eyes and minimize under-eye circles. I would know thanks to my all-nighters.

2. Foundation
Foundation is used for giving your skin an evenly tone by hiding all possible blemishes to make your skin look flawless. The key to get the perfect foundation is to find the one that matches your natural skin color. Always apply the base using the finger tips for getting sheer coverage. Although I don't use foundation often, I heard it works like magic.

3. Highlighter
Highlighters are extremely important for looking luminous during summers. They come in a variety of shades to go with all different types of skin tones. Highlighters are used for getting a reflective dewy look that makes your skin look moisturized. If applied correctly this magic product can transform your entire look by highlighting the important areas of the face such as cheek bones, temples, eyes and the Cupid’s bow. So a good highlighter can take you from work to a night out on the town without having the need of refreshing your makeup. I'd like to say I use highlighters for special occasions. 

4. Blush
Carefully placed, blush can transform the appearance of your face shape and make you look amazing without even much effort. The right technique for applying the blush can highlight the cheekbones, nose and jawline and can make your face look sleek or chubby depending upon the face cut. The best makeup product for contouring the nose and the cheekbones, blush can do magic on the skin. I learned this through my friend who is a makeup artist. Thankfully, I don't need to put on blush as my cheeks are screaming tomato red. 


5. Eyeliner and Mascara
And lastly, eyes being the most prominent part of the face, require your utmost attention when putting on makeup. There is no better makeup product that does justice to the eyes than the eyeliners. Being the trendiest of all products, eyeliner can have a transformative impact on your face. Used for highlighting the eyes, eyeliners are a must have for every makeup bag. There are many different options of liner you can explore for achieving the desired look such as pencil eyeliner, gel eyeliner, liquid eyeliner and many others. So whether you are looking for a sophisticated look or a smoky one, there is a liner for every look and every occasion. After the eyeliner, mascaras are the most important eye product that are required for highlighting the eyelashes. Mascaras are used for enhancing the eyes by lengthening, darkening and thickening the eyelashes.


And that concludes my 5 favorite makeup tricks for bringing out the best in you. Although I don't wear makeup often to 90% of the time, learning or putting on makeup is surprisingly fun. I always remember these tips when I go out partying (not really), go out on special occasions or shoots. You can too.

What makeup tricks have I missed? Let me know in the comments below! :) 

snaaaaaaaaaaaaapchaaaaaaaaat [holacaramelyyy]
Till the next time, 

You May Also Like

46 NOTES

  1. I couldn't relate on this for I am a man. Nevertheless, I have heard about foundation, eyeliner, mascara, among others. I understand all these things would enhance the natural beauty of a woman into a nice and even beautiful look for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes, I understand. Thanks Sir Gil for dropping by though. :)

      Delete
  2. I only wear make up when there are special occasions. Honestly, I can only put powder, cheek tint, lipstick and mascara. That's it. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I only put makeup when there are special occasions :) But for school it's just powder and sometimes lipstick. Haha!

      Delete
  3. Of all the things you mentioned here, ang blush lang ang ginagamit ko. Haha! I don't like using a lot on my face kasi. Hindi ako nasanay. Face powder, blush, eyebrow, and lipstick okay na ako. Haha!

    xx, Janine | A Blissful Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually me too Ate Janine!! This is only for special occasions. Other than that, my face is bare all the time. Lipstick lang din siguro. Haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Only blush and eyeliner with a little lipstick lang ako. kasi naman ayaw ng huband ko ng subrang make up. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to put on make-up (just a little), but super pawisin ako, it's so hard. If I wipe my sweat, I think every color will be erased. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! Especially with the bipolar weather it's hard to even put powder kasi mapapawisin agad. Maybe we need something water proof. Haha!

      Delete
  6. I'm not really a heavy make up user, I normally just put a lipstick and an eyeliner on. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. for a guy like me, I cannot relate myself that much when it comes to makeup tricks but my sister got all this "kikay kits" and I even saw her applying lipstick on her cheeks... she told me that it can also be used as blush on hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh yes. We girly girls have something called Lip and cheek tint, that can be used for both. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the tips. I am only using concealer and foundation if there is only special occasion. As a mom, I am always in a hurry or else my husband and daughter will keep nagging me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe true! My mom does the same. Concealer, foundation and lipstick nalang :)

      Delete
  9. I'm doing my make up but I know I could do better if I only knew how to perfect the contours! LOL! Awesome tips, Melissa!

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Omg me too Ate Jhanz. I would really love to learn how to contour the face + do my eyebrows. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  10. I didn't know about highlighter until I read this, hahaha! All i have in my regimen are moisturizers, foundation, powder, lip balm, and lip sticks. I actually have a concealer, a mascara, and a blush but I don't use them. Bumili lang para masabing kikay hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't use make-up that much unless there's a really special event. I've only learned about the highlighter and I thought it would make good in the list. :)

      Delete
  11. HAving sunblock and foundation primers are stuff which I will add. Now that I'm more into makeup I also pay attention to using these items as it does make a lot of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My basic make up everyday is pressed powder blush and lipstick :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Everyday makeup is simple lang. Hehe. :)

      Delete
  13. I love makeup.. I have an entire stash (as in there was one time I had to buy all those cushion bb creams) and I want to learn strobing too. I think though that if you are not really into makeup, every girl should have some sort of liptint, blush and the brows should be groomed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice suggestions! I really agree that we should also have nice brows too since people look at our brows too. Hehe. Will include this in my list next time. :)

      Delete
  14. Exactly what I need right now! I'm a newbie but I really want to learn things about make up and how to properly apply them. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just have little idea about make ups and this is really helpful. I want to learn how to use make up properly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really an expert and I have so much to learn. I usually watch make-up tutorials at youtube. Hehe, you can too. :)

      Delete
  16. Can't relate to it since I'm a guy. But this will be very useful for women out there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love girly things like make-up. Just the basic make-up will do, its fun to play with them with your friends.:)
    www.wish4less.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't use makeup too. I think the only thing I know how to apply is the foundation. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's my mom who just wants me to learn how to apply make-up for future references. Hehe!

      Delete
  19. I couldn't relate on this post. hehehe.
    But I used to hear that for a man to use foundation, he must choose a shade 1 level darker of his complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm 30 and honestly i still don't know how to do the proper kilay hahaha! nakakahiya since my nieces are better than me when putting on makeup lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's okay. The younger generation is really more into makeup so I guess mas marunong talaga sila

      Delete
  21. I am not really into make up. Believe me as in ngayon lang nga ako gumamit ng press powder na powder foundation na pala yun.. hahaha feeling ko sumusubra sa puti ang mukha ko everytime I use it kaya super pahid talaga para ma erase kaunti.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Same. I only use makeup when there are special events :)

      Delete
  22. Lipstick would top my list. :) I can skip everything except for lippies. it's just an instant pick-me-upper in any situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wish I could do the same. My lips are always pale :))

      Delete
  23. Thanks for sharing these 5 make-up tricks. I honestly don't know how to use a highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! But there are youtube tutorials everywhere :)

      Delete