Throwback Thursday

by - 10:22:00 PM

Top to Bottom: Cotton On; Corey Nude Matte from Sunnies; LongChamp
Hi everyone, here's a Throwback Thursday outfit post. Ever since I got back to school, I couldn't find the time to update this blog. Huhu sad. But you should know that I'm really trying. I have so many plans - if you could only see my drafts right now. HAHA

So along with this lazy post is a life update. Horaaaah! Truth is, life updates - you can never contain them. It's only been three weeks of school AKA life but then I realized a lot of things and here are just some of them:

1. BEING THE NEW GIRL IS HARD
Although I never really written a full-comprehensive text about my shifting journey, I'd like to share a bit of it here. I originally entered UP as an Engineering student but I shifted out of my course in hopes of following my passion. Now I'm taking up Development Communication (which I also have yet to write about because DevCom is love and the dream) and I couldn't be happier.

But there's also struggle in shifting..... basically it's being new. And I realized it's hard pala. I always thought it was easy because I'm friendly and I was close to everyone back then (or so I thought). But considering these people already know each other and I, a shiftee, just suddenly *pop* out of nowhere - the struggle is real.

2. YOU GET WHAT YOU WORK FOR
Studies related... I feel like I'm thriving. Forgive me since I haven't felt like this ever since I stepped into the Engineering Science Department. The only thing I felt were heartbreaks. HAHA. But since last semester, my grades were really high. Also, I feel like this semester is off to a good start. I guess, with passion and hard work, it's possible. Those nights of skipping outings, advance reading and going over notes again and again paid off. And when your professors and classmates acknowledge your efforts, I just cannot put down my smile *:)*

3. HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
Life won't always work out the way you want it but having a sense of humor changes everything. And this is soooooo true. You don't have to be so serious because who wants to be so serious all the time, anyway? When you laugh, you attract the good vibes and your day just keeps getting better. Trust me.

I'm lucky Jan and I have the same sense of humor that's why we get along so well. My point is, whether in life or love - a little laugh can go a long way. (and maybe that's why happy girls are the prettiest!)


4. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHARE EVERYTHING WITH OTHER PEOPLE TO BECOME SIGNIFICANT

There are some things better left unshared. Live in the moment (and you'll love it.) :)

5. I ALWAYS HAD A STRONG SUPPORT SYSTEM
Dealing with change, ex-friends and academic struggles...... I'm only brave because of the people behind me, the people who push me up. My friends from IESO, Jan and MY FAMILY.

Friends from IESO who I've built a long-lasting bridge with. People who I know when they say they miss me, they miss me. And I miss them too. So much. :( IESO was and will always be my second family here. Jan, who has been supporting me since day one. To the craziest ideas down to the lamest-that-will-never-work ideas, he was there. And to my family, especially my parents...... to say I'm thankful is an understatement. For taking the time to going to all my blogging events to supporting and providing me with everything. Tell me, what do you give people who give you the world?

So whenever I feel down, I look and remember these people and needless to say, I feel stronger.

Andddddd that's it for now. How about you, how's life treating you lately or how are you treating life lately? I wanna hear all about it. Let me know in the comments below! :) :) 


You May Also Like

54 NOTES

  1. Life is good to you, and be thankful for it. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very thankful indeed. Thank you Ms. Esme. Appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your school days because life is more stressful when you start working and paying bills. :) I agree that we really need a strong support system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I agree. My parents are constant reminders of that. Thanks Ms. Michi! :)

      Delete
  3. Being in school is always fun and I enjoyed my days in school..they were relatively less stressful as compare to today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. My sister who graduated college already started working and she says the same thing. I find it weird though how we all want to graduate right away but once we start working, we'd like to go back to school. Lol. :)

      Delete
  4. When you do something that you really want and enjoy, it shows in the results. I hope you reach your goals with flying colors. I'm sure your family will be there right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprisingly does. I had to learn in the hard way though. Hehe. Thank you for your kind words Ms. Chin. :)

      Delete
  5. You look great, lovely, and happy in your Thursday outfit. Your smile is too inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least, you are now pursuing the path that you love and dream! Goodluck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was doing really badly when I was studying science subjects. When I finally did arts subjects, my grades went up as I understood what they were teaching and I had so much fun. It really pays to study what we are good at, and not what we think are better options for our careers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huhu same feels right. Even if we did graduate at those science courses, I guess it still goes down to what we're good at and what we love to do. Cheers to us for following our dreams! :) :)

      Delete
  8. Agree ako sa #4! :) Hehe, congrats Mel for making an update! Haha, I know it was hard for you to isnert blogging into your busy schedule! By the way, I already drafted a blog post, about what you suggested sa Instagram. I dedicated that post to you :) I'll let you know once na publish na :) <3

    xx, Janine | A Blissful Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huhuhu omg Ate Janine! Super kinilig ako. :") Gusto ko pumunta sa Cebu and hug you (if that's not weird). Hahaha! Thank youuuu. I can't wait to read about it. Let me know! <3

      Delete
    2. Waaaaah punta ka na dito daliiii!!!! Haha. I will! <3 And let me know din pag pumunta ka dito sa Cebu ha!!!

      Delete
    3. Yes Ate Janine! I was there two summers ago. I want to be back. Please tour me <3 Haha!

      Delete
  9. Doing something you love makes life better. Just enjoy and I know you will go a long way.Good luck on school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. When you do something you love, everything seems effortless. :) Thank you Mommy Maye! :)

      Delete
  10. It is good that you have a good support system and that you love your course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank you Ms. Marissa. I'd be nowhere without them. :)

      Delete
  11. God bless in finding the course you are passionate about. You will need you support system in the transition. I hope it is a smooth one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just graduated college last March and now I already have a job. Just enjoy being a student because it's really stressful thinking about debts and bills. hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Congratulations. Haha. And thanks, I will take note of that. :)

      Delete
  13. I was just talking to my son about how, in life, you have to work for what you want. I totally agree with your second point, you get what you work for. Congrats on having your efforts pay off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Huhu having everything come together is really good and I'm very thankful. Thanks Ms. Patricia! I hope your son does well too :)

      Delete
  14. Great to know that you're now taking a course that you really love. It's great that you decided to switch while you're still in college. It's harder to switch when you're already working, although it's still possible. Just keep doing what you love to do and you'll be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ms. Janice! That was my original plan. Graduate as an engineer then have my hobbies as a sideline but I don't know what has gotten into me. I guess the love for my hobbies was stronger which led me to really shifting. No regrets though. Hehe thank you! :)

      Delete
  15. I haven't been in school for like 8 years already and I miss it. Enjoy school while you can, because life is harder when start paying your bills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been in school for like 8 years already and I miss it. Enjoy school while you can, because life is harder when start paying your bills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you Ate Sarah. That's what everyone says. Huhu I must prepare myself too. :)

      Delete
  17. Good luck on the shift. It's really important to follow your passion and it's good that you have good grades to show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sir Franc. Thank you for the support. Haha! :)

      Delete
  18. just keep on writing Melissa...and yes I agree it's great to have a strong support system :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm just lucky and really grateful. Thanks Sir Jojo! :)

      Delete
  19. Enjoy your every moment if you are still a kid

    ReplyDelete
  20. so far, life is doing great. chores can wait and i'm putting my feet up with a cup of coffee in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's lovely. I'm happy life is well for you too. :)

      Delete
  21. 3. HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR - definitely! Life is too short to keep frowning! This is a reminder to myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm glad you agree. Thanks for dropping by Mommy Nilyn. :)

      Delete
  22. Just enjoy the moment, study hard, harder than anyone else and you will see the results on all the hard work that you did, and, don't forget to have fun and smile a lot.:)
    www.sweetcuisinera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice, Ms. Melgie. I will keep that in mind. :)

      Delete
  23. Enjoy your school days will your still at it. When you step in the working space, that's were life really begins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you so much Ms. Janz. :)

      Delete
  24. I love the ensemble of the OOTD, it was relaxed and cool and never attention-seeking.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoy your new course! How I wish I can go back to school also.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got so much to comment about haha so I'm putting it on bullets lol

    - You got the same course as my younger sister. She is studying at Cebu Eastern University. And she fell in love with the degree that she has. :) I hope you will too. <3
    - Sense of humor is really a great tool especially that you are the Grennie (Maze Runner dictionary). :) It'll help you boost your self-confidence and you can strive your way to stardom. lol
    - "Happy Girls are the prettiest". That is the most beautiful line I read today. And I'm tweeting it (@kcamingue) hahah ;) just be happy and good vibes will come along the way.
    - Friends will always make things easier at school. And good that you have chosen the perfect people. I chose badly haha but I got the right ones outside school. So I'm happy.

    I think I'll have to end my comment here. I'm so chikadora haha :) Anyways, Hakuna Matata! <3

    ReplyDelete