PLAYING TOURIST: MANILA

by - 11:04:00 PM


It was a few days before class started when Jan and I decided to go around Manila. Since he's from the south - Laguna - he has never been around Manila. Add on the fact that I've never been around it too even if I live in it. Needless to say, our trip was interesting - we still got lost as we just took a bus and walked from one place to another. LOL

For this Manila trip, we decided to roam around the National Museum (since hey - entrance is finally free!) We also walked around Rizal Park and went back to Alabang to have our Jamba Juice and Samgyupsal fix. 


National Museum was pretty. I can't believe I have been to the Acropolis Museum and Crete Museum  in Greece and haven't been to the one here in Manila. It's practically an hour a way from home. I'm glad Jan thought of going here. Anyways, the museum had 4 floors and a theme per room. It had pottery, insects and native materials. What I love most was the culture and stories that came with it. There were a lot of Spanish references, since we are almost "descendants" of their culture. 



One realization as we walked around the museum: I WONDER WHAT WE WOULD BE LIKE IF WE KEPT OUR OLD TRADITIONS AND CULTURE? Personally though (and I think this comes with me reading a lot of articles on the identity crisis of the Filipinos), I feel like we're a very diverse bunch of people....... I don't wanna bore you by further elaborating on this but if ever you do want to talk about it (cause like I have so many thoughts floating on my head right now), let's talk!


We were also looking for the paintings - like the Spolarium, actually - but we could not find it. After we sat down, we found out that it was actually located in another building. It's okay though, there's always next time. The same goes for riding the kalesa (cause I really wanted to LOL), intramuros and Casa Manila. 

Here are a few snaps from our adventure last week:


We ended the day by having dinner at Soban K-town Grill in the Corporate Center of Alabang Town Center and you can never go wrong with Samgyupsal. I won't go much into details but the food was worth the money! Their service is fast and well, it was pretty affordable. Needless to say, I'll be back again and soon. 


And to Jan, thanks for taking me everywhere, it's always a good time with you. :) 

***

I know this sounds weird but what else places in Manila is worth the visit? Let me know in the comments below! :p

You May Also Like

2 NOTES

  1. Beautiful photos. I feel the same way. I used to live in Pasig and have been a city girl all my life but it wasn't until 2 years ago, when I'm living in Las Pinas, that I got to visit the National Museum. I would love to go back since we didn't really explore that much when we were there. I'm not sure what else is good to see in Manila. If you'd enjoy a simple "tour" around the city, Intramuros and Binondo are good places to roam around in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree with you! Manila is still more of the city and old buildings. Anyways, I'll be sure to check Intramuros and Binondo :)

      Delete